Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 931 123451151101501 ... LastLast
    Nexus 6
    Feedback

Default HBO's Game of Thrones

I just saw the new trailer for this. It looks amazing.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/atFX6keD95o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/atFX6keD95o?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNhgIjyEock?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNhgIjyEock?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Batty; 11-29-2010 at 07:40 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    The books are awesome! I just wish GRRM wouldn't take so long between books. I'm going to have to get HBO again once this starts!
    "We are The Walking Dead"

Demi G0D Overseer
    Feedback
    This looks good. What are the names of the books?

Super Freak
    The optimal altitude for missile deployment
    Feedback
    Looks damn good.

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
    I haven't read the books. I want to go in not knowing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadMoon View Post
    BadMoon, the books are part of the series called A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF) written by George RR Martin. There are supposed to be a total of 7 - 8 books in the series with 4 already released.

Book 1 - A Game of Thrones
    Book 2 - A Clash of Kings
    Book 3 - A Storm of Swords - my favorite!
    Book 4 - A Feast for Crows

GRRM has been writing Book 5 - A Dance with Dragons for about 5 years now, so hopefully it will be released late next year sometime. The books are epic in scope and mix some magic with a lot of deception, intrigue, backstabbing, swords, etc. Highly recommended series. I've re-read the series several times waiting for the next new book to be released.
    "We are The Walking Dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    I haven't read the books. I want to go in not knowing.
    I'm the same way... although I will likely check out the books after the series airs.

The previews so far look great, HBO does some seriously great work. I don't like all of their shows, but the quality is undeniable.

Demi G0D Overseer
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
    BadMoon, the books are part of the series called A Song of Ice and Fire (ASOIAF) written by George RR Martin. There are supposed to be a total of 7 - 8 books in the series with 4 already released.

Book 1 - A Game of Thrones
    Book 2 - A Clash of Kings
    Book 3 - A Storm of Swords - my favorite!
    Book 4 - A Feast for Crows

GRRM has been writing Book 5 - A Dance with Dragons for about 5 years now, so hopefully it will be released late next year sometime. The books are epic in scope and mix some magic with a lot of deception, intrigue, backstabbing, swords, etc. Highly recommended series. I've re-read the series several times waiting for the next new book to be released.
    Thank you very much!

I've been following the development of this series since it was just a rumor a few years back and am completely blown away by every new bit of footage or photo released. Check out the high resolution photos from the set to see just how much detail and care is going into this production:

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...ew-photos.html

I discovered the book series about 10 years ago and am currently on my third re-read in anticipation of the show's premiere. These books were an extremely pleasant surprise after reading a bunch of cliched LOTR knock-offs back in the day. The characters are all painted in shades of grey, with no clear white knights or one-note baddies. As Mister Ski already mentioned, the story is very grim, full of political maneuvering (hence the Game of Thrones), betrayal, civil war, lust, death, and plenty of violence. There are some supernatural elements, but it's a slow burn initially as most of the world believes magic is long dead. I can't recommend the books enough.

If the show remains faithful to the source material (and it looks like it does), then we are in for an amazing ride.