Statue Weta Rivendell Environment

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this is going to be amazing! Weta has nailed enviros many times over the course of things.

I'm sure this is going to be amazing! Weta has nailed enviros many times over the course of things.

Absolutely, and this one may end up being the best of the lot....though from the sound of things it's not going to be cheap.

Thats the really only bad thing is this will with what else I collect and all be most likely out of my price range.

Absolutely, and this one may end up being the best of the lot....though from the sound of things it's not going to be cheap.

It's not going to be small either, not with a base that is 40 x 27cm. That really is a big base....

It's not going to be small either, not with a base that is 40 x 27cm. That really is a big base....

No it's not, from the sound of things they are using the Stone Trolls base for this one, which is quite large. I agree with Daniel 100% on this one ...make it too small and you lose too much detail.

That said, I think Weta has already forewarned us concerning the price of this beauty with the statement :

"Firstly, it's insanely intricate, which demands a certain size in order for that detail to be done justice, but make it too big and it becomes more and more expensive. Make it too small and it becomes a question of whether it's even worth doing as all that detail becomes lost and indiscernible. The feedback from folks on the collecting forums seems to suggest that most collectors share our view that Rivendell is something special and that, given its iconic status and beauty on screen, the collectible deserves to be treated as something special too."

I think that's Weta's polite way of saying....."bend over and brace yourself, this is going to hurt a bit." :moon

If it turns out anything like this I'll be well happy

rivendell5.jpg

may need a bigger base than the Stone Trolls one though.

I have been waiting for this environment forever. Can't wait to see some prototype images of it.

Bill

If it turns out anything like this I'll be well happy
rivendell5.jpg

may need a bigger base than the Stone Trolls one though.

I have been waiting for this environment forever. Can't wait to see some prototype images of it.

Bill

If it turns out like that you may be happy, but I doubt you wallet [a couple thousand dollars lighter] will be.

If it turns out like that you may be happy, but I doubt you wallet [a couple thousand dollars lighter] will be.

Considering what I paid for Serenity BDR I will without hesitation pay the same or more for this ...... is it's anywhere close to that picture. And it will be the crown of my LOTR-collection :clap

Yup, going to be even more Epic now, will have to rethink where I'm goign to put it. Still, just look at that detail, no way I am not going to be getting it.

Back