Uncharted: The Movie (Now without a director, officially)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Update 5/26/11:

O'Russell has exited the production.

https://kotaku.com/5806030/david-o-russell-drops-out-of-controversial-uncharted-movie

---------------------------

Mark Wahlberg will play Nathan Drake in the upcoming Uncharted film adaptation directed by David O. Russel.

Robert De niro and Joe Pesci are in talks to play Nathan's dad and uncle, respectively.

<embed src="https://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:600061" width="512" height="319" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashVars="configParams=vid%3D600061%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A600061" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed><div style="margin:0px;padding:4px;width:500px;text-align:center;font-family:Verdana,sans-serif;font-size:12px;"><a href="https://www.mtv.com/movies/trailer_park/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movie Trailers</a> - <a href="https://moviesblog.mtv.com/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Movies Blog</a></div>

https://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/11/24/mark-wahlberg-uncharted-movie-nathan-drake/

It looks as if the biggest role in the Uncharted film adaptation has been filled by a fairly big name from Hollywood: Mark Wahlberg. Not only has he confirmed that he'll be in the film, he suggested that director David O. Russell is going after Joe Pesci and Robert De Niro, as well.

In an interview with MTV (video embedded below), Wahlberg said, "David is writing now. David is one of the best writer/directors I've ever worked with and the idea he has is just insane. So hopefully we'll be making that movie this summer."

Asked about the potential interest in Pesci and De Niro, Wahlberg confirmed that's the case, saying, "That's who he wants to write the parts for." Wahlberg said that he himself had spoken to Pesci and that he is supposed to get in touch with De Niro (whom Russell's people had already spoken with). According to Wahlberg, De Niro would play Nathan Drake's father, with Pesci assuming the role of his uncle, neither of which are characters that appeared in either Uncharted game.

Wahlberg mentioned The Fighter, a biographical film about boxer Irish Micky Ward starring Wahlberg and directed by David O. Russell scheduled for release next month. The Uncharted film wouldn't be the first time the two have worked together -- nor would it be the first videogame-to-film adaptation Wahlberg has been in; he played the titular character in Max Payne back in 2008.

He insisted the idea that Russell has in mind for the movie is "so off-the-charts," later adding that "it's not going to be the watered-down version, that's for sure."

https://www.1up.com/news/mark-wahlberg-play-nathan-drake-uncharted-film

115.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Uncharted: The Movie (Now with Mark Wahlberg, officially)

HMMM...not sure what to think about this. Really on the fence with this one.

I think the right choice for a Nathan Drake would be a guy that has the same charm and funny jokes here and there like Harrison Ford in the classic Indiana Jones movies,and im sorry...Mark Wahlberg is not the right guy for this movie.The Director doesn't seem to be creative enough to find the right actors,i love Deniro and Pesci,but c'mon...in a movie like this:dunno
If Drake has a crazy Uncle it would be funny with Pesci,kinda like in Lethal Weapon 4.

YES :yess: to the movie.

NO :slap to Mark Wahlberg.

I think the right choice for a Nathan Drake would be a guy that has the same charm and funny jokes here and there like Harrison Ford in the classic Indiana Jones movies,and im sorry...Mark Wahlberg is not the right guy for this movie.The Director doesn't seem to be creative enough to find the right actors,i love Deniro and Pesci,but c'mon...in a movie like this:dunno
If Drake has a crazy Uncle it would be funny with Pesci,kinda like in Lethal Weapon 4.

I agree with most of that, I tried to think to myself who would be Great for this role and really no one comes to mind. I think part of it is we are all spoiled by how great a character Indy was and how Great he was played by Ford...No one will every top Indy, so most people will see this as just an of Indy ripoff.

:rock at the idea of a Uncharted movie

:( at the Mark Wahlberg pick for Drake... we'll see i guess

I agree with most of that, I tried to think to myself who would be Great for this role and really no one comes to mind. I think part of it is we are all spoiled by how great a character Indy was and how Great he was played by Ford...No one will every top Indy, so most people will see this as just an of Indy ripoff.

So many out there,it's about finding them...We can only come up with the biggest names.

Joe Flanigan from Stargate could be one option:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281167/

Could be many actually,and Wahlberg is not one of them,he is just too booring to play a character like Drake.

Didn't they learn their lesson with Max Payne?

Another sheat is comin...
slap.gif

i thought Nathan Fillion would have been the obvious choice!

Joe Flanigan from Stargate could be one option
I think he'd rock as Nathan. I miss Atlantis, and he one of the reasons that show was so fun.
Didn't they learn their lesson with Max Payne?
I actually love that movie. It's nothing special, but I just love popping it in the PS3 every once in a while.

i thought Nathan Fillion would have been the obvious choice!

I agree. He has all the charm and jokes that drake has. I heard that he was passed over because of him not having muscles. That's what a trainer is for.

No ..Wahlberg is not Nate!, David Boreanaz would be my top choice:)

I agree. He has all the charm and jokes that drake has. I heard that he was passed over because of him not having muscles. That's what a trainer is for.

Lol...really?? That sucks. Yeah given a couple months Fillion could totally get in perfect shape for the movie. Look at the dudes in 300. Butler said he spent 6 months getting in shape for it.

Mark is a two dimensional meat head. He doesn't have the witty humor and charm one needs to possess to play Nathan Drake. I'm going to put this in my wrong call folder, and I'm writing the movie off as a fan before it even begins.

Mark Wahlberg? How old is Nathan Drake supposed to be?

Fillion=Drake. He has the skills to do it. Mark's ok but he's not Drake.

Mark is a two dimensional meat head. He doesn't have the witty humor and charm one needs to possess to play Nathan Drake. I'm going to put this in my wrong call folder, and I'm writing the movie off as a fan before it even begins.

:lol I dont think Mark's that bad, not at all.

Back