Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
Elder Scrolls V Set To Be A Continuation Of Oblivion
Written Tuesday, November 23, 2010 By Richard Walker

According to a report from Eurogamer Denmark, Bethesda Game Studios is already into production on Elder Scrolls V and it's a direct sequel of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, continuing the story from the previous game that was set in the verdant realm of Cyrodiil.

The translation of the report, which was derived from an unspecified source, published on Eurogamer's English site reads as follows: "This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles."

So, there it is then. Elder Scrolls V is coming and as soon as Bethesda officially reveal it, chances are the game's release might be just around the corner if comments from Executive Producer Todd Howard prove to be true: "One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us. It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now."

Howard went on to reveal that the game is running on a heavily modified version of the Fallout 3 engine, stating that, "Fallout 3 technically does a lot more than Oblivion. The new stuff is an even bigger jump from that. I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game."

Wow. Bold words indeed. Naturally, we'll be keeping our eye peeled for further Elder Scrolls V news in the hopefully near future, so stay tuned.
https://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-6952-Elder-Scrolls-V-Set-To-Be-A-Continuation-Of-Oblivion.html

I love playing Oblivion so I have no problem with this being a continuation of that story.

Re: Elder Scrolls V

Super pumped to hear news about this. Huge fan of the series. I hope this one is a little darker in theme and nature as morrowind was. Still the best in the series in my opinion.

After great Morrowind... ESIV:O suck and I do not hope that the any continuation will be better :(

About dang time. We get closer and closer to an official response.

I just hope the game has as much freedom as the original. I had more fun just screwing with townspeople then I did playing the story.

I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games but Fallout 3 is my favorite 360 game and whilst only being a glorified expansion pack I'm also enjoying New Vegas so I might give the new one a go.

It's encouraging to read that the game engine is being updated as whilst not the worst looking games ever both the Fallout ones look a bit shabby compared to many modern releases.

I've never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games but Fallout 3 is my favorite 360 game and whilst only being a glorified expansion pack I'm also enjoying New Vegas so I might give the new one a go.

It's encouraging to read that the game engine is being updated as whilst not the worst looking games ever both the Fallout ones look a bit shabby compared to many modern releases.

Eh what they lack in graphics they usually make up with great gameplay, story and a huge open ended world.

Eh what they lack in graphics they usually make up with great gameplay, story and a huge open ended world.

True enough but the character animations are almost PS2 like in some cases and it's a bit lame in this day & age when graphics are becoming more and more realistic.

I have to play in 3rd person view as first person always gives me headaches and/or dizziness so the crapness of the basic walking/running animations are more noticeable.

:yess:
Though the use of the fallout engine worries me.
They need to keep pushing the graphics envelope in this series and the fallout engine does a poor job with human animations imo.
Yeah, I know they said theyre improving it but can you imagine an Elder Scrolls using the Unreal engine used for Gears of War?:rock

Gamespot:
Bogus or not bogus?: Likely not bogus. Oblivion's massive storyline left a rich legacy that is ripe for sequelization. And although Bethesda has focused on the wildly popular Fallout games of late, it is unlikely it will let the 16-year-old fallow for long. Indeed, the developer-publisher's executive producer Todd Howard told Eurogamer that his company is on the verge of unveiling the game, as it is quite far along in development.

"One thing I can say is that from when you first hear about it to when it's out will be the shortest it's been for us," he said at last year's QuakeCon. "It's pretty far along. When we show it, we want to show a lot, because there's a lot of game there to play right now."

Last edited:

Can't wait. I remember the first time I popped in Oblivion into my PC and just walked around a field after turning up all the video details. :drool

Bit disappointed that they're not overhauling the engine, but other then that it sounds good. Hopefully it'll take place in new lands though, because Cyrodiil was rather standard for a fantasy-land, even if it was incredibly pretty.

Forget Fallout! This is what I wants! :yess:

l loved Oblivion IV Elder Scrolls. played for over 100 hours. got all the achievements, as well as the DLC Shivering Isles.

l just rented Fallout 3 last week after never renting it because l thought it could not beat Oblivion, but it was great. got most of the achievements. so l am looking forward to this. another game of the year l hope.:yess:

Last edited:

True enough but the character animations are almost PS2 like in some cases and it's a bit lame in this day & age when graphics are becoming more and more realistic.

I have to play in 3rd person view as first person always gives me headaches and/or dizziness so the crapness of the basic walking/running animations are more noticeable.

well, l just finished fallout 3, and l thought the graphics for 360 were pretty good. fallout 3 graphics on the PS3 sucks though. l do not know how you can play Oblivion or Fallout 3 in 3rd person though. its horrible that way.

i never finished Oblivion yet. all i did was run around causing trouble. never even attempted the main quest. i may have to check this out but i don't think my computer will handle it. it can barely handle oblivion.

Back