Highlander: Movies or TV Series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buffanatic

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I brought up this question in the middle of a post on another thread, but it really belongs here. Since Sideshow has put out two Highlander "Origins" figures and three "Modern" figures, which way do YOU think they'll go with this line?

More characters from the Movies? The TV Series? Or both? I'd like to get some (educated?) guesses on this. AND if anybody has any inside info,....
let's have it! :sancho

Sorry to break your bubble, but I think this line is pretty much dead now...Only a well done Medieval Kurgan could save it....

The first movie was all I enjoyed. I agree a Medievil Kurgan would be cool.A Conner when he was drunk and having that dual or a Ramerez would also be sweet.

It's a shame that this line was troubled from the get go. The first two exclusives (Modern Connor and Duncan) sold VERY slowly. Probably the only reason that we got the last three is because they were already at some level of production when the numbers came in. And the fact that Connery likeness as Ramieraz (sp?) was not permissable hurt the line... I think it would have really spiced up the line.

And I agree, a Medievel Kurgan is probably the only possibility. I think it would have been a great SDCC exclusive. :monkey3

But I wouldn't hold your breath. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

NO RAMIREZ?????!!!!!........SAY IT ISN'T SO!!!

I'M WITH YOU ABOUT THE MOVIES......only the original was any good, but I liked the TV series a lot. I was hoping for figures from it.

NO RAMIREZ??????:horror :horror :sancho

(Excuse me, while I find the darkest corner of my subterranean grotto, and curl up in a fetal position to mourn.)

I too only liked the first movie, after that it just got ridiculous... not that the first wasn't cheesey, but it was the good kind. I couldn't get into the show either, I guess it got better over time?

I would love a Medieval Kurgan, I think it would be one of the coolest offerings yet from Sideshow, but alas I feel it is probably not going to happen. I'd love a Ramirez to, but we already know his fate :monkey2

i know for sure that a ramirez would bring some more interest into the highlander series. unfortunately after that the old school kurgan is the only other one that would get any sales. unlesss..... they do a mario van peebles Kane signature edition from highlander III. that would sell out faster than any of the Star Wars 12" :emperor

If they were to do another character (longshot, I know- but I want an Origins Kurgan!) they would probably wait for the new Highlander movie to be released to have something to coincide with it..

Adrien Paul... mmmmmmm I seen em all movies and series... loved both... but I am not buying them...

Proto, exactly where did you get your info about "No Ramirez"? I believe you, not questioning your honesty, but if it was in an article or somewhere that I can access, I'd like to read it. This is so troubling. I already have a
1/6 scale horse for him to ride.

( I guess it'll be the glue factory for it now. ):horse

I like the movies (never watched the TV show), and I would love to see an Origins Kurgan! I honestly don't have any idea about production, but an Origins Kurgan would rock, I agree with you all on that one!! I have absolutely no pull though, so don't think I can influence any decisions if one's not already in the works. (and I'm really not kidding) :duff

Buffanatic said:
Proto, exactly where did you get your info about "No Ramirez"? I believe you, not questioning your honesty, but if it was in an article or somewhere that I can access, I'd like to read it. This is so troubling. I already have a
1/6 scale horse for him to ride.

( I guess it'll be the glue factory for it now. ):horse
It was stated by a member of the Sideshow staff on this board a while back that they were unable to secure likeness rights for Connery.

For me, Highlander is all about the first movie. The tv series was ok, but I don't wanna collect anything from it.

If they did an origins Kurgan and the head sculpt was good, it would sell like hotcakes. The only reason the modern Kurgan sold so slowly is because of the non-existant likeness.

TheObsoleteMan said:
For me, Highlander is all about the first movie. The tv series was ok, but I don't wanna collect anything from it.

If they did an origins Kurgan and the head sculpt was good, it would sell like hotcakes. The only reason the modern Kurgan sold so slowly is because of the non-existant likeness.

I 100% agree with both comments. I bought a modern Kurgan only because if that was the end of the line, I wanted a Kurgan. I actually think he ended up being nicer than the pictures led you to believe, but an Origins Kurgan would be the absolute censored! Here's hoping!

SideshowDusty said:
I like the movies (never watched the TV show), and I would love to see an Origins Kurgan! I honestly don't have any idea about production, but an Origins Kurgan would rock, I agree with you all on that one!! I have absolutely no pull though, so don't think I can influence any decisions if one's not already in the works. (and I'm really not kidding) :duff

Boy if only YOU were running things there!!!:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

We would have a few Serenity/Firefly figures on our shelves already.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Have to agree with two points;

1.) An Origins Kugan would be great.
2.) Somehow, they just missed by a hair, of it REALLY looking like Clancy Brown. (There's someting there that just ain't Right!.)

I guess if I want a Ramirez, I'm going to have to pick up a nekkid, used,
007, and learn to customize. (big sigh)

I suppose the next thing you guys will tell me, is that HELLBOY is on the way out! Beating a dead horse will be my occupation for a while.

:horse

If something doesnt sell, no point in continuing making it.

I would be all over a Origins Kugan.

And the first movie is the only one that counts. How can you win "The Prize" if you're not the only one?

Protozaius said:
It's a shame that this line was troubled from the get go. The first two exclusives (Modern Connor and Duncan) sold VERY slowly. Probably the only reason that we got the last three is because they were already at some level of production when the numbers came in. And the fact that Connery likeness as Ramieraz (sp?) was not permissable hurt the line... I think it would have really spiced up the line.

And I agree, a Medievel Kurgan is probably the only possibility. I think it would have been a great SDCC exclusive. :monkey3

But I wouldn't hold your breath. :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

I agree 100% that Origins Kuragn should have been a SDCC exc.....I want one SOOOO bad...I loved the fisrt movie and the rest sucked so bad its not even funny...they should be stricken from movie history and all copies tracked down and destroyed...The TV show was ok..added a bit more to the mythology, but hard to buy into hundreds of immortals running around after Connor won the prize....anyway I want a Origins Kurgan so bad it hurts...

Buffanatic said:
Have to agree with two points;
I guess if I want a Ramirez, I'm going to have to pick up a nekkid, used,
007, and learn to customize. (big sigh)

I was going to use that too - but then I got pointed to a dragon figure called "Roy" which is a british paratrooper - and it is exact duplicate of Connery with Ramirez facial hair - not sure about the pony tail but it is closer than the Bond figure.

Back