Clubber Lang 12" Statue-Hollywood Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoulda done Apollo

images

Probably would but Weather's is really picky about giving out his likeness, even JAKKS little cheap toys had issues with him.

Probably would but Weather's is really picky about giving out his likeness, even JAKKS little cheap toys had issues with him.

So what were the issues that Jakks had with Weathers?

I know Stallone said that Weather's refused too let Stallone use any Apollo flashbacks in Rocky Balboa. Stallone said the budget was really low and they just couldn't afford to pay him. I thought Weather's was an ungrateful ass, because without Stallone giving him the role he wouldn't have had a career. Dolph Lungren probably didn't get payed for Balboa flashbacks, but he sure made up for it by getting a role in the Expendables.

On the statue, I really don't understand why these collectible companies refuse too make anything from the first two Rocky films, too me those are the classic Rocky films. A Rocky 1 statue, with Rocky in the hat and black leather jacket would've been great. Rocky II Battle damaged, holding up the belt is another great image. What's sad is HCG has had this Rocky license for a while now and they really haven't done anything with it, even the new Rocky III statue is kind of boring. They said two years ago they were going to do statues for all six Rocky films. If you're going too cover all six films why are you releasing two statues from Rocky III first? This new Clubber statue might just kill the whole thing.

You leave Carl Weathers alone!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QArocEUp7xE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QArocEUp7xE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

He even refused to have any pictures of himself in Rocky Balboa,remember the deleted scene in Paulie's bedroom?He had a framed picture of Rocky vs Apollo from Rocky 1 on his night desk,can't remember if it was just Apollo or the whole picture but it was blurred.My guess is money,seriously,he is a part of the biggest Underdog story ever told and al he cares about is Money?
People that have attended to Weathers signings said he asked for money for an autograph,this is just something i heard from others,don't know if it's true.

that's interesting to know about Weathers, surprised the Hot Toys figure was able to get made.

You leave Carl Weathers alone!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/QArocEUp7xE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/QArocEUp7xE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

:lol:lol:lol:lol:rock

Something is definitely off on the body to me with that Clubber statue, he seems a bit too tall and thick. Maybe if we had some comparison pics to go by it could be pinpointed, but something just seems off to me at first glance.

On Carl Weathers, I know Stallone did that first big Q&A on aintitcool where he took alot of shots at Weathers throughout the thing mentioning how he was impossible to work with on using him in Rocky Balboa. I think he said he originally wanted him to be in the movie and then later just wanted to use his old footage for flashbacks and Weathers was outrageous with his prices for both. Stallone also talked about how much better Lundgren was then Weathers and how weak and intimidated Weathers was for the fight scenes. Stallone seems to really dislike the guy now.

I thought Stallone was interested in having Carl Weathers star in Expendables 2?

Back