Rumor: Batman live action series?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiveringmelody

Super Freak
Reaction score
RUMOR: Batman TV Series Planned to Reintroduce Joker Character Without Ledger

One of our insider sources has sent in the early thinking about plans WB is hatching for the blockbuster Batman franchise, and this time its about a move to the small screen after The Dark Knight Rises.

WB has no plans to rush out another Batman Movie once Chris Nolan has completed The Dark Knight Rises. Instead. The heads in power are looking at something to do with TV.

The idea comes from the successful episodes of SmallVille and on the back of the Sherlock Homes Movie with Robert Downey Jr and the success of the Hartswood Films/BBC Television show of the same name staring Benedict Cumberbatch that screened recently. WB is looking at putting together a live action Batman TV series. The Head Executive in charge (name removed to protect source) who has overseen the development and production of such notable hits as: "Two and a Half Men", "The Mentalist", "ER", "The West Wing", "Without A Trace" and "Friends", has been given the task. He would like to keep it in line with the Nolan movies. No word on any stories or script except "keep it in-line with the real world and with young adult audiences in mind".

It has also been mentioned that this is a way to re-introduce The Joker as a completely new version so not to step on Heath’s memory/version, as WB knows this is a sensitive subject and believes that (The Joker) episode alone will rate through the roof as it will be a closed set with extremely very tight security to prevent any leaked footage.

The Actor they have in mind to play Batman/Bruce Wayne for either TV or in a Future Batman movie is Karl Urban. Karl plays Dr. Mc Coy in the new Star Trek franchise.

Keep in mind, that this VERY EARLY talk, but if it is true that a WB head has been put in charge of development, it shows that they are serious

credit: comicbookmovie

......I'd love to see this happen, but that is me.

No thanks, I've never watched a show on WB and gone, wow, look at that production value. They feel like cheap quickly made TV shows with terrible actors and poor writing, nothing like HBO or AMC's original series.

Hmm....not really sure how I feel about it. But this has been a rumor for a long time since Smallville surprised everyone with it's success and multiple seasons. Check Krytonsite for links to another spoiler site for more info (If it's still there).

Only if a channel like AMC or HBO is doing it. I would skip any of the Smallville/Birds of Prey-type crap.

Shivering is also the first member I see with a Green Lantern movie avatar. It has begun :panic:

I will chock it up to I'll believe it when I see it. There have been live TV versions rumored of The Flash, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Nightwing, Teen Titans all since Smallville has been out with nothing much coming of it.

I don't think Urban would sign on for a television series like that personally (but who knows?) and I think that Batman is one of those best left on screen. I'd hate for a No Tights policy here and a batsuit done for TV I have little faith in.

Shivering is also the first member I see with a Green Lantern movie avatar. It has begun :panic:
2011, year of the Green Lantern!

Considering it's rumored to be on par with Nolan's take, I'd be very interested in seeing this happen. Anything to bring Harley Quinn and her Mr. J together in live action!

Would be curious as to how they would tackle other villains such as Freeze, Bane and Croc.

I would love to see this happen. Connected to the Nolanverse or not. A new, serious, live action Batman TV series is long overdue!

I'd love to see it like The Wire...gritty, realistic, lot of focus on the cops and the criminals, with the Bat spoken of and seen in shadow for a while before he appears. Urban is also a solid choice.

Will it have to be 10 seasons before Bruce wears the batsuit?

:rotfl:rotfl

But seriously, if they do this, i really hope it falls into the 'Nolanverse' and kind of takes the story on from TDKR.

In the context of a TV series, a Robin / Nightwing is probably doable even in the Nolanverse IMO

So "Almost Human" was cancelled so Urban is free to do this? I hope this is for real and it doesn't turn out to be that "Gotham" TV series -- though it would be great if that and this rumored Batman show were tied-in and aired simultaneously.

Back