Talk like George?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you talk like GL?

• Yes, I love the Goongans from Nayboo!

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • No, Georgie mis-pronounces his own creations.

Votes: 22 95.7%

• Total voters

Customikey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone ever notice that The Father of Star Wars pronounces everything differently from everyone else?

Some examples:

Naboo becomes NAYboo.
Hoth becomes HOAth
Gungans become GOOngans

What does this mean for the faithful? If everything George hath wrought is pure because it is George, does this mean we should start talking like this? Do some of you already pronounce like George?

Well so far George being wrong is winning 100% to 0... but I guess its still early yet; only 2 responders :monkey3

Count Doughkoo? Why wasn't it pronounced like that in the films? I know, because thats not how it is spelled and he doesn't know how to pronounce his own characters and creations! I wouldn't be surprised if Palpatine was PalpTane. :emperor

Great topic, wtf is a lazer sword? :maul Also I lose it everytime Gen. Dodonna says "LEE-ah". I'll let Lando slide on Han (like can) because he's Lando. Oh god now I am one of those fans bitching about SW on the internets. I guess it was inevitable. :chew

I put the accent on the boo. And as to how the correct pronunciation...I think the Queen can pronounce her own planets name...what does an earthling like Lucas know?

Not any worse than a certain pair of New Zealanders calling him :

SCHMEAGOL! :rotfl :lol :rotfl :lol

hmm... it might not be him not knowing how to pronounce characters he invented but, he has a speech impairment? does he talks like that in general?

pickard said:
I've always been amused that he calls lightsabers "laser swords".

And worse yet he had little "Ani" call it a "laser sword" in Episode I. YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

hey guys relax!!! he's probably getting a little senile in his old age. besides wouldnt you talk a little goofy too if you were the icon of nerds everywhere??:chew

Back