Problem w/ Hot Toys (Dastan) body, need help!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, I just received this body in the mail today from Toy Anxiety. It looks great. The problem is, it has a locked left elbow joint.:gah: The right elbow is stiff, but you can still move his forearm.

I can get the left forearm to move, but it takes tremendous force. It only moves between a few ratchet points and it feels like I might break it each time. Anyone else have this problem? I hope this is fixable. Otherwise, this is unacceptable for a headless, handless, footless $60 nude body.

If you can't get it loosened up after a bit, I would return it and ask for a new body. They took the figure apart so they should know if the each joint is messed up at all.

I'd say heat it up with a hair dryer and see if it moves and if it doesn't give then send an e-mail to customer service. Simple enough. And I highly doubt they have the time to test every single joint on every figure they break down. :lol

I had the same problem. It really easy to fix place it in boiling water for about 10-20 seconds and then start moving it around. The water dont damage the sculpt :)

I haven't tried this yet, but does the joint really still work well after the plastic cools back down?

I have the same issue, Justin, with my Dastan from TA.

I just forced it. It's stiff but moves fine. The more I worked it the better it got.

Must be the way that body is made if three of us have the same issue.

Mine was a little stiff, but placing your thumb in the elbow-pit (or whatever you call the bend in your arm) and pushing from the underside of the forearm with the rest of the hand and holding the upper arm with my other hand seemed to work for me. The thumb just helped me feel more in control at least so I wouldn't snap anything.

But since we all have that problem, its a HT issue, not a TA one.

PVC forearms .. lubricate it... (the joint, semi-circle with a nub is ABS plastic though...)....

The moving point is the PVC forearm and ABS joint.

I have the same issue, Justin, with my Dastan from TA.

I just forced it. It's stiff but moves fine. The more I worked it the better it got.

Must be the way that body is made if three of us have the same issue.

So yours has the issue on the same side too? The right arm is stiff, but I can move it okay with moderate force. The left elbow is so stiff, it is ridiculous and definitely feels like I might break it.

I have the same problem with mine as well. Its not locked but its super stiff. Just wiggle back and forth. Mine bends, scares me to bend it sometimes, but time will loosen it up.

Easy fix:

Hot the elbow with a hairdryer.. and move it.(carefully of course)
You'll ended up loosen it eventually :wink1:

So yours has the issue on the same side too? The right arm is stiff, but I can move it okay with moderate force. The left elbow is so stiff, it is ridiculous and definitely feels like I might break it.

Yes, seems we all have that issue to varying degrees.

I just forced it until it bent. Works fine but, yes, very stiff -- right elbow stiff too but not as much as the left. The hot water trick seems like the safest best.

Or even a little dab of cooking oil on the joint.

I can one up. Mine also has a stiff mid section. The joint in the lower chest between the ABS and chest is more stiff. Hard time moving it.

I can one up. Mine also has a stiff mid section. The joint in the lower chest between the ABS and chest is more stiff. Hard time moving it.

Mine moves okay in that region (not a large range of motion, but good enough), but I do notice mine is very tight where the abdominals meet the pelvis.

Back