Whats been the best year for hot toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiff1989

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey fellow collectors, i am pretty new to this stuff, it has been nearly 2 years, 2 great years at that for collecting. I mainly collect 1;6 Hot toys stuff, i do have a few 1/6 sideshow figures and a lifesize endoskull.

Back to the topic, what would you say has been the best year for Hot Toys, looking back at old reviews on youtube i would say around 2005-2007, now remeber i only started collecting mid 2009 so i'm not sure of the exact dates.

I am not judging or complaining about Present Hot Toys stuff now as the attention to detail is out of this world and some of the new lines have improved soooo much since then. But it would be great to see some of the old stuff back, robocop, aliens, terminator 1/2 stuff, classic horrors, they would be great with sideshow/hot toys present day skills and techniques.

Without rambling on any further, i was just intreaged to which was the best year for Hot Toys, for the Sci-Fi stuff that i love it seems it all came out at once, now the classics are so hard and expensive to find

I dunno about the best year but im miffed i missed out on the Robocop, Aliens and AVP preds when they were cheap.

2008 was the year they made legendary changes. Then i'd say every year or month since they've outdone themselves with almost every release.

Correct answer: Every year :)

Hot Toys continually improves their products each year, building upon what they did in the previous year.

I would've wanted to say this year, but HT's latest fiasco tainted their company's reputation for me. So I'm going to say it was 2008-2009. Yes, these two years. Can't topple the entire TDK line, DX-01, IM, Pred1 (yes, there's the height issue, but at least they didn't resort to false advertising same way as what they did for Berserker), etc.

While this year they've drastically improved their sculpt and overall quality, I personally feel that this year we have seen how their success has adversely affected their ego.

Personally I think it is this year since they finally got around to releasing the T-800 from T2...

I have to say this year since this was the year that I started collecting. I can't wait for next year however. The waiting game for PO to turn is killing me.

Whatever year you find yourself living in, so far it's all good!

Back