[RUMOR] Resident Evil: Raccoon City - New multiplayer game NOT DEVELOPED BY CAPCOM!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Kotaku

Following in the trail blazed by Dead Rising 2, the next Resident Evil game may come from the Great White North. SOCOM developer Slant Six Games could be the latest studio tapped by Capcom to create its games.

A document forwarded to Kotaku indicates that a new, team-based Resident Evil game is currently in development at Slant Six. The developer is responsible for SOCOM:U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation for the PlayStation 3 as well as two iterations for the PSP, Tactical Strike and Fireteam Bravo 3. Named (or codenamed) in the document as Resident Evil: Raccoon City, Slant Six looks to be staffing up to bring even more zombie game development to Vancouver.

When contacted for comment, publisher reps said "Capcom does not respond to rumors and/or speculation."

Slant Six Games writes on its official web site that it is currently in development on "an amazing new project" that is unannounced. That project is being developed in conjunction with a "new publishing partner on a world class franchise." Several Slant Six current and former employees list an unannounced "multiplayer action game" for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on their LinkedIn profiles.

In March of this year, Slant Six solicited work for a "Japanese translator/interpreter."

Capcom has looked outside of Japan for help on some of its better known franchises, including GRIN (Bionic Commando), Ninja Theory (Devil May Cry) and Blue Castle Games (Dead Rising 2), another Vancouver based studio that had its zombie project leaked well in advance.

Thanks for the heads up, Hawk.

https://kotaku.com/5678986/rumor-resident-evil-in-the-hands-of-socom-team

Kotaku's track record with rumors is pretty good.

Capcom's been handing it's games over to western studios lately, but I never thought it'd happen to RE. And it might be going to Slant Six, no less.

What do you guys think?

Not opposed. It sounds like a potential improvement on the Outbreak series (which I loved). As long as they keep the main games of the series in house at Capcom this doesn't bother me. A team based Resident Evil set during the Raccoon city outbreak? Count me in.

I could see them easily turning this in to "Left 4 Dead: Resident Evil" Which could be both good and meh.

Not opposed. It sounds like a potential improvement on the Outbreak series (which I loved). As long as they keep the main games of the series in house at Capcom this doesn't bother me. A team based Resident Evil set during the Raccoon city outbreak? Count me in.

I could see them easily turning this in to "Left 4 Dead: Resident Evil" Which could be both good and meh.

My thoughts excactly.

I'm not opposed to the idea of an outsourced RE, I just don't like the studio supposedly handling it.

This sounds good to me as long as it's less "arcadey" like Left 4 Dead and more like RE.

As long as they keep it as close to the survival horror genre as possible I am in!

The problem is that RE hasn't been purely survival horror in a long long time, and I'm afraid the (supposed) new games will be more action-oriented like RE4 and 5, especially if it's headed to a studio who's only done shooters.

Have they done anything besides Socom? I've personally never played a Socom game.

According to Wiki they've only worked on 3 Socom games. Honestly I've never played any of the ones they've developed, but from what I remember the reception of the recent big console version of Socom they did was pretty mediocre compared to the original PS2 Socom games.

The problem is that RE hasn't been purely survival horror in a long long time, and I'm afraid the (supposed) new games will be more action-oriented like RE4 and 5, especially if it's headed to a studio who's only done shooters.

Hopefully Revelations does well, so Capcom sees people still love/prefer Resident Evil's that cater to their Survival horror side.

But like I said, I hope the main series stays in house. That way this could be a deviation to satiate the people who love RE to be more action oriented while the main series returns to it's horror roots.

Hopefully Revelations does well, so Capcom sees people still love/prefer Resident Evil's that cater to their Survival horror side.

But like I said, I hope the main series stays in house. That way this could be a deviation to satiate the people who love RE to be more action oriented while the main series returns to it's horror roots.

I hope RE has the same luck as Silent Hill when that franchise went into the care of non-Konami developers. The new SH games are good even if they don't quite compare with the original trilogy.

Resident Evil 6, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Back