Cars 2 Teaser trailer and concept art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Entity

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/9tCDe36oXgg?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/9tCDe36oXgg?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

2820613.jpg

fd75b33.jpg

f3e9306.jpg

d4e29fa.jpg

I know this isn't the most beloved Pixar license, but I loved part one and I'm definitely looking forward to this one!! :rock :)

I preferred Monsters, Inc. and The Incredibles to Cars, so would still like to see a sequel to those ... but my kids will no doubt flip out over this.

SnakeDoc

Won't see this. No interest in this license at all. One of Pixar's few missteps, IMO. Although kids love it, supposedly, so whatever.

Won't see this. No interest in this license at all. One of Pixar's few missteps, IMO. Although kids love it, supposedly, so whatever.

I'm with you... the first movie was okay was better than I expected, but easily my least favorite of the Pixar films. It's always struck me as their sell-out movie... give something kids and Nascar fans can get behind :lol

Pixar's worst is better than many other studios' best. I'd watch Cars 2.

I liked Cars and hope to see more.

And Cars sells TONS of mechandise, I'm sure we will see more sequels.

I missed seeing Cars in the theater because I thought I would hate it. Turns out, I loved it. I will definitely be seeing this opening weekend.

When I first watched Cars, I was put off by the world in which these livings cars existed and thrived. Are there no humans? How did these sentient-car-beings build things without opposable thumbs? Are they semi-organic in nature? How do their brains work? They can become aroused, but can they breed? How? Is there a car god? What does 'death' mean in this car world? What happens when fossil fuels are depleted? Are there hybrid models? Are those hybrid models discriminated upon? What do they do with their money? If the world is populated by plant-life/flora/fauna, there must be others, right? Animals? So aside from the cow-tractors, are there other animal-cars? There are many other questions, but I'll stop there.

I know there are many many animated films in which anthropomorphized animals, machines, etc etc behave in unrealistic fashions that I probably shouldn't think too hard about, but it's only when watching Cars that I can't help but keep asking. Most of these other animated films at least have humans to offset the weirdness. Like, the talking animals behave like humans, but obviously humans can't understand them -- thusly the rules of its universe is established. Cars never establishes the rules of its world.

:lol

When I first watched Cars, I was put off by the world in which these livings cars existed and thrived. Are there no humans? How did these sentient-car-beings build things without opposable thumbs? Are they semi-organic in nature? How do their brains work? They can become aroused, but can they breed? How? Is there a car god? What does 'death' mean in this car world? What happens when fossil fuels are depleted? Are there hybrid models? Are those hybrid models discriminated upon? What do they do with their money? If the world is populated by plant-life/flora/fauna, there must be others, right? Animals? So aside from the cow-tractors, are there other animal-cars? There are many other questions, but I'll stop there.

I know there are many many animated films in which anthropomorphized animals, machines, etc etc behave in unrealistic fashions that I probably shouldn't think too hard about, but it's only when watching Cars that I can't help but keep asking. Most of these other animated films at least have humans to offset the weirdness. Like, the talking animals behave like humans, but obviously humans can't understand them -- thusly the rules of its universe is established. Cars never establishes the rules of its world.

:lol

I asked myself many of these questions when I first observed this strange world called "Cars"

Cars is one of my least favorites, but this looks pretty interesting. And I'm excited to see the DB5 car, fingers crossed they get a former Bond to voice him...

I liked Cars and hope to see more.

And Cars sells TONS of mechandise, I'm sure we will see more sequels.

Bingo. When I used to work for Toys R Us a few years ago, we had people lined up when we opened to rush over to the Cars cars and see what was new. And this was a few years after the film came out too! Its nuts. I know the Hot Wheels guys tend to be a little crazy, but this seems to have spread to 'normal' people as well. I think this sequel is based more on the fact the toys have sold so well more than the 1st being so good. But as others have said, even Pixar's worst film is better than 99% of the crap out there, so they've got my ticket opening weekend.

Back