Is there any hope for a SS Boba Fett; is Medicom's version the ONE?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Alas droogies, I want to acquire this Medicome Fett:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901089&ref=search0109

But I'm so horror show about the height and worried that it will look rather silly next to my Vader from SS.

Should I just wait patiently for the SS? Or will Medicom's be that superior in reality?

My Appy-polly-loggies if this topic has already been opened.

We'll probably see SSC's Boba Fett within the next 9 months. I'd wait.

Thanks for the quick reply, sir. I'm just afraid that SS may not compare to the pin point accuracy of what we've seen in protos of Medi's attempt.

with a little customization, the Medicom Fett is a great addition to one'e collection. i would get it, and make the decision which one you prefer after the SST one becomes available... i mean, life is short. enjoy it while you can.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, sir. I'm just afraid that SS may not compare to the pin point accuracy of what we've seen in protos of Medi's attempt.

Yes, it will. as medi's fet came out 4-3 years ago, and sideshows will likely be superior to it.

I disagree. Even 3 years ago it was a great fig and still is and will be hard to top. Plus the new ROTJ one is coming out this year, with the new improved less fragile RAH bodies and will be aces no doubt! I'll get the SS one to. But i still expect loose joints and loose fitting armor, hope i'm wrong.

And they look fine with SS figs
001-23.jpg

003-25.jpg

Last edited:
Wait for the one from Sideshow . . . eventually . . . I'm still holding hope for a Leia in slave girl attire (ROTJ) from Sideshow using new & worthwhile female body, but I digress.

Don't buy the garbage the medikids are feeding you. Wait for Sideshow's. Medicom's 1:7th Boba has enough issues to justify waiting, from the severe scale issue and physique of a 13-year-old boy, to the Hasbro-ey plastic belts, boots and weapons to the ridiculously absurd price. Then, unless you plan to move him straight from the box into a hermetically sealed detolf, add to that the $50-$75 replacement RAH you'll eventually need when the first one breaks by just looking at him. Again, wait for Sideshow's.

SS fan boys and Medi fan boys are in full force, can anyone be realistic, and just be objective? Or is it subjective?LMAO!

Really though; I hate the loose fitting articles on SS stuff. And I hate that medi's stuff is not in scale. The price point I could care less about, but I do want quality if I'm paying more.

Nope. Sideshow isn't going to make the most popular (overrated) Star Wars character.

can anyone be realistic, and just be objective

Really though; I hate the loose fitting articles on SS stuff. And I hate that medi's stuff is not in scale. The price point I could care less about, but I do want quality if I'm paying more.
Buy what you like SS or Medi. (or both)

/toys

Buy what you like SS or Medi. (or both)

/toys

Dude, I'm not a extremist one way or another. I BUY WHAT I LIKE, and WHAT I BELIEVE IS NICE TO ME. I'm not loyal to any company or blinded by one or the other; my money has no allegiance.

Dude, I'm not a extremist one way or another. I BUY WHAT I LIKE, and WHAT I BELIEVE IS NICE TO ME. I'm not loyal to any company or blinded by one or the other; my money has no allegiance.

Fact: Medicom's bodies are underscaled and fragile.
Fact: Sideshow's armored bodies can be loose but are to proper scale and considerably more durable.

Fact: Medicom's belts, holsters and accessories are molded out of rubber
Fact: Sideshow's belts, holsters, and accessories are made from leather and resin.

Medicom prefers a slightly "stylized" headsculpt vs. the more realistic of Sideshow. Outside of that, I've found paint apps and costumes to be about equal.

Medicom peaked with their ROTJ Vader, which, aside from the paddle hands that fall off like he's a leper, was the best Star Wars figure they've ever released. Sideshow, especially with their armored figures, seem to be setting new standards for their Star Wars line. The math is simple really.

the medicom boba fett is by far better than anything sideshow will come out with in my opinion..

i agree that medicoms scale is definatly not 1/6...but i think they have some of the highest detail bested only by hot toys...

sideshows bodys are sloppy and over rated....the only figure which i have been impressed with by sideshow was their darth vader..which i bought immediatly once seeing in person...

the scale doesnt bother me, in fact it makes vader seem that much more amazing...and as for quality issues...of course the figure would break if you treated it like a toy rather than a collectible...and frankly now is your chance to scoop up great updated version before the crazy prices start setting in..

good luck in your decision bud!!

the medicom boba fett is by far better than anything sideshow will come out with in my opinion..

Pretty much agree. And the ROTJ Fett is gonna be 149$ now, back to normal prices. I bet SS's Boba will be close to that if not the same price.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back