Opinion of future rareness and value of a figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud Warrior

Super Freak
Reaction score
There are a few figures out in the next few months that I want but will be unable to afford. In everyone's opinion what would be the hardest to find after release / which would you expect to gain the most value. ?. Can you tell from previous price trends ?.

I ask as if possible I want to try to get the one that will just totally be out of my reach in price before hand. I realise this would be based on opinion but I hope with the amount of responses a common figure will stand out. I want them all before someone posts saying why ask us to chose.

Hot Toys Predators Falconer
HT Predators Royce
HT Iron Man 2 War Machine
HT Iron Man 2 Whiplash
HT Blade Trinity Abigail Whistler

:lecture:lecture
except I might put royce before whistler. Also, I don't know much about Ironman, but if the Warmachine character does not come back in the 3rd installment, I can see that figure going for HUGE money later on...

Falconer
War Machine
Whiplash
Whistler
Royce

flipper.jpg

My initial thoughts where towards falconer and war machine. As posted War Machine due to the chance of not having a big part in IM3 / Avengers and Falconer due to it being a predator.
Was a little unsure of Falconer as he is still around for pre order.

Wish I had the ability to get them all but my thinking is get the most sort after now and hope the rest stay around for a while at a reasonable price.

Don't acquire, buy, or collect based on what you and others determine regarding the figure's rarity & value (or potential value increasing). Today's rarity & value could very well be tomorrow's bargain basement deal at gohastings.com or eBay because someone purchased a huge allotment and found out they can't be sold for excessive profit.

Acquire, buy, collect what you absolutely and truly want in your collection.

Unless you're a 1:6 acquisitionist whore like who must buy doubles, triples, and cases of pretty much everything by working two jobs . . . selling extras of older rare stuff (at a profit) to others to continue funding the relentless pursuit of new stuff.

Last edited:
If you read my posts, I am asking about value with the idea in mind to get the possible highest value item now before it goes beyond my reach. Unlike some I simply cant afford to pick and chose now and just say I will get X on ebay no matter what price later.

I want all of them for myself but am unable to get near the cash needed for two.

Last edited:
If you read my posts, I am asking about value with the idea in mind to get the possible highest value item now before it goes beyond my reach. Unlike some I simply cant afford to pick and chose now and just say I will get X on ebay no matter what price later.

I want all of them for myself but am unable to get near the cash needed for two.
--

My reply is the same for "rarity" and "value".

Maybe I should word it simpler then.
I don't have the money to get the above listed figures now or when they are released. I want all five for my collection and not to resell to make a profit or to get multiples. I want one of each for me to own and display.
I could care less for buying low to re-sell high.

I am asking opinion on what people think could become the most sought after once released and thus the most expensive to buy from eBay etc. Trends such as Predators being sold for double the retail price come to mind.
As I may have enough to get only one of the five now I want to avoid being trapped into paying these silly high prices and get the possible future high cost figure now.
Better to get something now for £10 than later for £100.

Just asking fellow collectors to comment from experience and personal taste on what could become the next big thing . I want all five and hope to get all five eventually but if one becomes so wanted and the price is hiked up to much I simply will be unable to get.

I am asking opinion on what people think could become the most sought after once released and thus the most expensive to buy from eBay etc. Trends such as Predators being sold for double the retail price come to mind.
As I may have enough to get only one of the five now I want to avoid being trapped into paying these silly high prices and get the possible future high cost figure now.

Makes sense to me...the Preds always seem to be a safe bet.

HT Iron Man 2 Whiplash
HT Predators Royce

I think that's the order. Female figures seems to resell pretty lousy so you can pick that up close to retail price in the future IMO. The top 2 are there because it's going to be impossible to find sub bodies. You will need to buy a WM body for a WM. It's kinda like that for Whiplash due to all of his accs. Royce is a great figure but if you can find a similar body to his and his face sculpt you're golden.

HT Iron Man 2 Whiplash
HT Predators Royce

I think that's the order. Female figures seems to resell pretty lousy so you can pick that up close to retail price in the future IMO. The top 2 are there because it's going to be impossible to find sub bodies. You will need to buy a WM body for a WM. It's kinda like that for Whiplash due to all of his accs. Royce is a great figure but if you can find a similar body to his and his face sculpt you're golden.

:exactly:

Predator figures tend to skyrocket in price very quickly. I found that out the hard way when I started looking for P1 a few months ago.

Regardless whether WM will return for the third movie, this iteration will become pretty pricey. I'm sure WM will have a new armor by then, so this iteration won't be used again. The original Mk III didn't go down in price when Mk IV was announced.

I also agree with female-based figures not doing that well in the secondary market. Heck, I can still find some great deals for Machiko, and that figure is regarded as among the best HT's done.

Maybe I should word it simpler then.
I don't have the money to get the above listed figures now or when they are released. I want all five for my collection and not to resell to make a profit or to get multiples. I want one of each for me to own and display.
I could care less for buying low to re-sell high.

Just asking fellow collectors to comment from experience and personal taste on what could become the next big thing . I want all five and hope to get all five eventually but if one becomes so wanted and the price is hiked up to much I simply will be unable to get.

LOL, just shows you how many people ACTUALLY READ THE QUESTION YOU ASKED! WOW!

As the few who read your question said, I would go for Falconer and War Machine first, holding off on the girl til later, as they traditionally don't sell as well. My feeling about Adrian Brody doesnt tell me that he'd be a big seller in the secondary market, but I could be wrong.

Thanks for the constructive reply's about the actual issue everyone.
Going to try my best to get a Falconer predator order in.

Would really like to get them all, may have to sell of some stuff I no longer use to feed the habit.

HT Iron Man 2 Whiplash
HT Predators Royce

:goodpost: :lecture

Another point to consider is the release date of the figures. Falconer would be out maybe Q1 next year at the earliest, so there's still time to save up if you decide to get WM now. From what I know, that figure is out in HK already.

Back