12" Captain Action Marvel Costumes this Fall

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Fremp

Freaked Out
Reaction score
https://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/breaking-news-out-of-nycc-captain-action-team-up-scoop
Now comes scoop #2- and it’s the one that fans have been waiting almost 50 YEARS for!

AFi has learned that the Captain Action team have signed an agreement with Marvel Comics to make Marvel Costumes for their new 1/6th scale Captain Action relaunch! This relaunch will be nationwide starting in Fall of 2010. The first wave of Marvel outfits will be: Spiderman, Captain America, Iron Man and Thor! That’s right! Iron Man and Thor too! These new costumes use new manufacturing but still have a very classic design to them and even the packaging is reminiscent of the classic costume sets. 50 years! 50 years we’ve been waiting on this! Below you can see a packaged sample of the Spiderman set.

CaptainActionSpiderman3.jpg

CaptainActionSpiderman1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good,love that packaging.I ll support this line in any way I can just like I did Playing Mantis's version.As long as they re not competing with Hot Toys they may do well.And it s not quite 50 years,Ideal debuted Captain Action in 1966 and he was gone by '68.

This is pretty cool, it'd be great to make a Captain America custom, although I'm not too thrilled with the look of spidey here. I can't put my finger on it but it doesn't look quite right...

it looks pretty cheap. The costume looks old school, but the mask looks like its from the Tobey Maguire movies and the shoes and hands look cheap too, almost Hasbro like. The camera and the Bugle look good though. Curious to see how other charachters are approached and come out.

The Spider-Man costume shown was pieced together from existing toys. Not going to be the final product. I found this post on the mego board:

Hey Actioneers!

As you know, the BIG SECRET is now out as we unveiled the new prototypes for our new Captain Action 12 inch figure line this past weekend at NY Comic Con with a huge amount of excitement and great responses from fans both at the show and here on line.

As we've been inundated with emails with all kinds of inquires, we'd like to take the opportunity to answer some of your most frequently asked questions...

1) Who is producing the toy line?

Round2Corp, the new incarnation of Playing Mantis will be producing these figures and uniform sets under their Forever Fun collectible line. They are excited to have Captain Action back and to be able to present him with the classic Marvel characters which you fans have been clamoring for, for a very long time.

2) When and where will these toys be sold?

The toy line will debut in the Fall of 2011 at Toys R Us starting with the Captain Action figure and a classic Amazing Spider-man uniform set. Wave 1 uniform sets subsequently will be Captain America , Thor and Iron Man. They will be found in the all new Collectors Aisle Toys RUs will be debuting next year in their stores. Besides Toys R Us, there will also be exclusives for comic shop retailers as well.

3) What versions of these Characters will the uniforms reflect?

In keeping with the Captain Action retro collectible tradition, these characters will be presented in their 1960s Silver Age glory.

3) How much are the figures and uniform sets going to cost?

Right now, we are looking at a price point of $29.99 for the figures and $19.99 for the uniform sets.

Exclusives will most probably be higher as they will have deluxe- styled packaging and additional bells and whistles.

4) Are the prototypes indicative of what will be released?

The prototypes just represent the basic direction we are looking to take. They are just simplified mockups produced in house for the purposes of getting the message across.

5) What updates will there be on the figures and the uniform sets?

As you can see we will not be reproducing the original Marvel Costume sets as they were, but rather will pay homage to the old styling in presentation as we update the look, and make the uniforms much more accurate to the comic book characters than was originally produced in the 60s. The Captain Action figure itself will have a new figure body which will be close in style to the original keeping up the great articulation that made Captain Action famous. We will be updating the look of CA's face with a more heroic facial sculpt and paint treatment making him look a bit more like his comic book self in the process. We will also be featuring pop off hands to allow for greater pose-ability with alternate styled hands and gloved hands that will snap into place over the forearms.

We will have more info and sneak peeks as we progress. In the meantime, keep all those cards and letters coming to us on Facebook , here and at the Captain's Blog where we are regularly communicating with you fans!

Making Yours Marvel,

Team Action

Last edited:
Anyone seen these for sale yet? My 4 yr old son pours over the Captain Action book by Michael Eury three times a week and can't wait for the Marvel costumes.

Doesn't anyone read the thread before posting?
Anyone seen these for sale yet? My 4 yr old son pours over the Captain Action book by Michael Eury three times a week and can't wait for the Marvel costumes.

2) When and where will these toys be sold?

The toy line will debut in the Fall of 2011 at Toys R Us starting with the Captain Action figure and a classic Amazing Spider-man uniform set. Wave 1 uniform sets subsequently will be Captain America , Thor and Iron Man. They will be found in the all new Collectors Aisle Toys RUs will be debuting next year in their stores. Besides Toys R Us, there will also be exclusives for comic shop retailers as well.

I still have the old vinyl Captain America mask from the original Captain Action set, this is a cool novelty.

Fall of 2011?!? Egads! That's like, forever!! By that time, HT would have released theirs already and make this not worth getting.

Back