Custom MARION RAVENWOOD Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I may be jumping the gun here but the SALLAH thread is getting crowded and has become the 'custom thread' so I thought I'd separate things, at least with this one.

If anyone would like to post their Marion customs here, or share ideas for clothing bits, please do so. I think this is a bash that could very well happen after SALLAH.

Please chime in if you're interested. I'm sure any sculptor would like to know about how many people would actually get involved in this project.

Sculpt update:

I just PM'd Spenser about MARION. At one time, he expressed possible interest. I haven't seen him around much lately so I'm not sure when he'll get my inquiry but I'll keep you posted.

Ref pics below.

Yeah, I was looking at pics too....

118.jpg

114.jpg

Could get away with a solid olive green, really. Green scarf is easy enough to make.... Pants are Khakis?

116.jpg

Triad Eva w/the small chest would be a good body choice.

Am I the only one not really interested in bar scene Marion? I think i'd prefer White dress (well of souls) or her red Cairo get up complete with a custom frying pan.

Triad Eva w/the small chest would be a good body choice.

Am I the only one not really interested in bar scene Marion? I think i'd prefer White dress (well of souls) or her red Cairo get up complete with a custom frying pan.

We've gone through this many times in the past about which Marion. Everyone would love a white dress Marion, of course. Reality is: the hair sculpt could be a problem -- finding an accurate dress will be very tough -- and the exposed joints are an issue (though HT has since solved that somewhat).

Bar Marion is an easy bash for the outfit. The hair-up do is also easier for a sculptor and would probably look better in hand.

I'd like the white dress too. But I'll take the easy route to make it happen.

I'd definitely take just about any version of Raiders Marion, hell even the DC version from the end, but as Wor-Gar states the dress (my ideal) and the Cairo suit would pretty much have to be custom outfitted. At least the bar attire with we have a fighting chance to source from an etailer.

Spenser commented in the thread in the custom section. I think he's down. :hi5:

I'm in for a bar Marion.

Love it how the custom Sallah project brought some life back into the Indy section :rock

Spenser commented in the thread in the custom section. I think he's down. :hi5:

He did indeed! Here's the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wor-Gar
I just PM'd Spenser about MARION. At one time, he expressed possible interest. I haven't seen him around much lately so I'm not sure when he'll get my inquiry but I'll keep you posted.

Haven’t see me around, is that a joke?

I’ll do it but what hair style, I like the bar style it would be easy to sculpt and would most likely be easier to dress. What do you guys think…?

Murderofcrows has a thread in ths custom section and also PM'd Spenser. His reply was essentially the same -- he'll do it!

So there you go: we got a sculpt.

Thank you, Spenser!

OK, so like Sallah, the key piece is in place... now, the outfit....

OUTFIT:

Here's the parts:

Green striped shirt
Green scarf
White camisole -- you can just see the ruffled top under the shirt
Khaki pants
Work boots
(I think, but seems like eveyone in this movie wore work boots)

Extras:

Whiskey bottle -- probably use one from the SS Bond collection
Shot glass -- again, Bond
Cigarette
Head piece to the Staff of Ra
Wad of cash
Gun
-- the one she shoots the last guy with

Last edited:
I'm pretty stoked that Spenser is on board. :yess: Looking forward to having Indy's new goddamn parter!

Early idea for the shirt:

Barbie Twilight Edward

https://www.amazon.com/Mattel-R4161...=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1285822361&sr=1-1

I've been eyeing this for my Sallah vest. His shirt is button white with thin blue pinstripes. You could dye it a sort of mint green and then go in very carefully and add other shades with a white wash and a green wash. Only thing I'm not certain of is if the shirt has long sleeves. Anybody now for sure?

That shirt seems a bit too pin-stripey. Almost looks blue from afar.

Her shirt is much more bold in its stripes. Looks like big bands of green then brown, but when you look close at the second pic above you see three variants of green stripe, then a big faded brown band, some small pattern in there too. Very hard to cheat.

But dying a shirt green is a good one -- maybe just find a much thicker pinstripe of white and brown and then dye the white to green. Might even be able to paint in the variant colors for those who want to get more accuracy. I saw a pinstripe shirt a while back that may work as a base for this approach.

I'm also gonna ask about having a custom shirt made. For this particular figure, it might be worth getting the key item of clothing made right... the rest is a simple bash.

For my new shirt I am planing to print it out the pattern. I made it a few months ago:

MarionShirtpattern.jpg

Also, her camisole is not solely white. Here is a screen grab.

Marionsundershirt.jpg

WOW! That looks great! Is it accurate -- I mean, did you make it that way or did you just find something that was very close? Either way, that's terrific.

If you made it, one suggestion based on the photos: I think the brown band should be about double that spacing.

Thanks for the camisole pic. Is that blue and green in there, some pattern -- or is that vid artifacts?

Last question, since you seem to know what you're talking about: do you know what shoes/boots she wore? Got a screen grab?

WOW! That looks great! Is it accurate -- I mean, did you make it that way or did you just find something that was very close? Either way, that's terrific.

If you made it, one suggestion based on the photos: I think the brown band should be about double that spacing.

Thanks, I actually made it from a screen grab. I found the best color for each band and laid it to match the pattern from the screen still.

Thanks for the camisole pic. Is that blue and green in there, some pattern -- or is that vid artifacts?

From what I can tell, it is a light blue with some green spots. I believe the frill completely white though.

Last question, since you seem to know what you're talking about: do you know what shoes/boots she wore? Got a screen grab?

They look like they might be boots. It is tough to tell. Here are some grabs I could get.

Marion1.jpg

Marion2.jpg

I used old Ken doll loafers for my Marion. They have the same ridge around the boot as shown in the second pic. They are also not too big, a problem that might occur if one goes for boots.

**Like these: https://cgi.ebay.com/Ken-Doll-Shoes...789?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ada5b08ed

Last edited:
OUTFIT:

Here's the parts:

Green striped shirt
Green scarf
White camisole -- you can just see the ruffled top under the shirt
Khaki pants
Work boots
(I think, but seems like eveyone in this movie wore work boots)

Extras:

Whiskey bottle -- probably use one from the SS Bond collection
Shot glass -- again, Bond
Cigarette
Head piece to the Staff of Ra
Wad of cash
Gun
-- mauser

updated your parts list .

I'm definitely in on this! Count me in!

What do you guys think about maybe using the Hot Toys Sarah Connor body? They don't seem to be too crazy-expensive at the moment ...

HT female body is very good. Marion doesn't show much skin so even a female buck is fine.

BTW, some GOOD NEWS will forthcoming.... get ready.... and chime in if you want to build a Marion.

:)

She a must, I'm in! Has everyone seen Snyder-man's post? Is that the GOOD NEWS Wor-Gar? AWESOME NEWS!

Nope, that's not the good news. Though it is a terrific sculpt. But as said, Spenser agreed yesterday to do the Bar Marion sculpt. Bad timing now that there's TWO sculpts; competition.

Funny -- no sculpts forever, now TWO sculpts! Typical.

No, the good news has to do with the bar clothing. But that will be posted soon.

Back