San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives tonight?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would like to think so. They are going to need enough time to set it all up and have it all in order, to order. Everyone is chomping on the bit.

From everything they've said, the announcement should come in tonight's letter.

Yeah, I guess it will come in the newsletter. Gonna be tough to wait until tonight.

Wonder if a 12" Maul will be anounced or if they will hold off on any regular anouncements for another news letter? I think the SDCC exclusives may be enough to hold us over for a week.

tomandshell said:
In the immortal words of Bob Marley:

"I wanna know - wanna know - wanna know now!
I got to know - got to know - got to know now!"

Weird. Aren't these also lyrics from Jeus Christ Superstar?

I guess Puccinni wasn't the only wone ALW "borrowed" from.

Darth Loki said:
Wonder if a 12" Maul will be anounced or if they will hold off on any regular anouncements for another news letter? I think the SDCC exclusives may be enough to hold us over for a week.

I would expect they will hold off on Maul till next week at the earliest. I do think that he will be the next regular SW fig.

This is probably the most exciting news letter to date.............really can't wait for some PPO's..........now, I know there has been much talk about the subject, but I would really like a Sith Eyes Anakin.........seems very fitting as the SDCC Exclusive...........Thoughts????

theverse said:
This is probably the most exciting news letter to date.............really can't wait for some PPO's..........now, I know there has been much talk about the subject, but I would really like a Sith Eyes Anakin.........seems very fitting as the SDCC Exclusive...........Thoughts????

As long as I can get one! :D Since I'm not going to SDCC I'll be pretty bummed if I miss that figure.

jlcmsu said:
That or a Anakin/Obi 2 pack.

2 pack sounds good to me!

tupac-234x306.jpg

I am wondering how the prices will range for the SDCC items. I am much more interested in statues/dioramas/PFs than in 12" figures and I hope to see some variety in the items. Last year, we had three 12" figures, a bust, a weapon replica, a PF and a large polystone statue. A very nice variety of formats and licenses. I would love to see a surprise big expensive item!

I think that a new entry in the Dead line is a good bet, which also takes one of the 12" figure slots. We can also bet on a Star Wars 12" item, which will be a variation on an existing character. It wouldn't surprise me to get a totally new LOTR 12". Remember, Kit Fisto was planned as an SDCC exclusive, but the line was so hot they bumped him up to a regular release. Whatever LOTR figure was planned as an exclusive will probably remain an exclusive to generate some buzz for the line. It will be fun to see what happens. I would also love to see a PF from either of these two licenses, but an entirely new character in PF might be just too much work for them to have ready. However, if the lack of announcement in the Star Wars PF category recently is due to the secret work being done on an SDCC PF, then I will be very happy.

And what about Marvel? I would have thought that another weapons set would have been a safe bet, but they just gave us one at Toy Fair. Another one so soon would be a surprise, but a possibility. So that leaves a 1:1 bust (highly unlikely, IMO), a maquette, a comiquette (maybe), a PF, or a VS. diorama (don't want to get my hopes up).

Something also tells me that another slot will be taken up by a 12" figure from something like Buffy. I know that fans have been wanting a Giles, so maybe this is their chance. Or maybe an Angel figure to build that line a little bit. Personally, I would be bummed if four of the seven items were 12" figures (Dead, SW, LOTR, Buffy). That would make the exclusives a little unbalanced in favor of action figures.

There will also be a surprise or two. It would be fun to see an SDCC exclusive Roger Moore Bond PF show up out of the blue. Realistically, the X-Files, Apes, Hellboy and Bond lines have been too quiet/slow to expect an SDCC slot to be devoted to them, so I'm not looking to them to finish up the list of exclusives. Maybe we will get a completely unexpected item like the Tremors graboid or Reign of Fire bust.

The next eight hours will pass by very slowly...

I think a lot of people would be happier if they just made Giles a 500 piece web exclusive like Skinner and Krycek. SDCC is good for variants, but an entirely exclusive character would be frustrating for collectors who want at least one version of each character on their shelves.

Can't wait for the newletter tonight....................and missing out on a SDCC SW or LOTR 1/6 would be a drag.............Might have to take Customikey up on the offer to repaint regular Anakin, you know, if we don't see one..............
theverse

I hope to get the Dead figure and any LOTR or BTVS exclusive, anything else, and I will be okay if I miss it, but the Oz and Patient Zero from last year are way too cool!

Back