Paying someone by paypal "gift " ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcarson

Disenchanted
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of people pay for items or ask for payment of items via paypal gift. Now I'm under the impression that no fees are incurred by this method. Is this correct ? Can someone "in the know" verify this please?

Yes , no fees from what I understand. I would only use this method though if you trust the person 100% since I think it would be much harder ( if not impossible ) to get your money back through paypal if something went wrong.

do you like to cuddle?..

animal_love_cuddle.jpg

Thanks for the info Guys, so either way if I'm paid by someone via credit card I'm screwed for the fees. ( happened to me recently.)

and Bodie... yes I like to cuddle !

Thanks for the info Guys, so either way if I'm paid by someone via credit card I'm screwed for the fees. ( happened to me recently.)

and Bodie... yes I like to cuddle !

I won't give Paypal my account numbers so I always have to pay the fees. Sending money as a gift gives you the choice of paying the fees yourself or having the other person pay.

It used to be free even when using a credit card too, but they changed it. :(

I use a CC and there is a fee every time..........good to know, may switch to a checking accnt, but considering my paypal accnt gets hacked every soo often, maybe not.....

I won't give Paypal my account numbers so I always have to pay the fees. Sending money as a gift gives you the choice of paying the fees yourself or having the other person pay.

It used to be free even when using a credit card too, but they changed it. :(

Yeah paypal is getting super greedy. Soon they will charge people for each time you log into your account.

like mentioned earlier, make sure you're 100% satisfied that you'll get what your paying for and have insurance since paying as a gift is exactly that, A GIFT and there is no recourse at all if you either don't receive the item, it arrives not as advertised, or damaged in some way.

Back