$$$ Aldo Raine or BD Mark III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zidane

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm pretty even on how I feel about both movies. However, I haven't seen IM 2 and I'm a fan of the absurdity of Basterds. I guess I'm wondering which would be the better investment in terms of scarcity in the future as I'm not one to sell my figs but would love to have a hard to find/buy later on. I can get either one for 20% off so cost isn't an issue, just fishing for a nudge in either direction???

I'm pretty even on how I feel about both movies. However, I haven't seen IM 2 and I'm a fan of the absurdity of Basterds. I guess I'm wondering which would be the better investment in terms of scarcity in the future as I'm not one to sell my figs but would love to have a hard to find/buy later on. I can get either one for 20% off so cost isn't an issue, just fishing for a nudge in either direction???

Whatever....:pfft:

Yeah, have to agree Iron Man is the way to go. And the BD Mark III is a killer figure.

Aldo is also badass, but I think he'll be easier to get long term and just doesn't have the same presence as IM.

Yeah, have to agree Iron Man is the way to go. And the BD Mark III is a killer figure.

Aldo is also badass, but I think he'll be easier to get long term and just doesn't have the same presence as IM.

Really? I was thinking the complete opposite. Imo IB's will die down and basically go away a year or two from now. IM will always have a collectors market and even more sequels - more product. Just a thought.

I got Aldo because I really love that movie and that character but the Iron Man is cool too....just not a big enough fan of the IM series...

I own both figures. They are both fantastic **** figures and you can't go wrong either way. If you are looking for an investment piece, I'd take your money elsewhere. Go for a piece that you would actually enjoy. In your case, you like Aldo Raine. Go for that one.

Really? I was thinking the complete opposite. Imo IB's will die down and basically go away a year or two from now. IM will always have a collectors market and even more sequels - more product. Just a thought.

I'm just basing that on how well the previous Marks all sell on the secondary market. Sure its not selling for over retail now... but in time I think the rabid IM fanbase will keep it pricey.

IB just doesn't have the same following... although personally I think its overall a better figure, but IM has one hell of a presence.

but IM has one hell of a presence.

Heheheh true that. A choice between an armored scifi figure with pop-out weapons and can be displayed like it went to war with tanks vs. a dude in WWII get-up with a facial expression that looks he's bored to hell. Even if you put him in an action pose, it'll just look like he's (unsuccessfully) plinking his boredom away.

Speculated rarity is another matter, though. IMHO, aldo will win this hands-down. The IM movie franchise is main-stream, meaning there will be a lot of opportunities of IM figures being produced and reproduced. And while the BD IM Mk III won't be reissued, most likely a better figure (based on an updated design) will be produced. It won't devalue BD IM, it might even jack up prices, but the thing is there are more opportunities for one to own an Ironman figure. Inglorious Basterds, while admittedly being a superior movie, will only gain cult status at most, not a pop culture icon (just my speculation, pop culture has surprised us before). Thus, merchandises based on this movie will be scarce. In the long run, the Aldo figure might turn out to be a sought-after collectible as it's unlikely anyone else will produce figures based on this figure, especially in as high a caliber as HT MMS figures.

Last edited:
Glad I never have to choose!

But I like Aldo better... partly due to being spoiled by how great the Mk VI looks in comparison to III.

If it were any Iron Man figure except the BD Mark III, I'd say go with Iron Man over Aldo. But since you're specifically looking at the BDMIII, I'd advise against it. Though it has the neato features and candy apple red paint job, it has terrible proportions and looks like an anorexic Iron Man.

Go with Aldo. It might not become quite as valuable as an Iron Man figure, but you never know. The existence of the Hans Landa figure could positively affect the value of Aldo later on. And really, with the much superior IM2 figures releasing soon, you could do much better than the BDMarkIII anyway.

Is it too much to ask for both?

tony-stark.jpg

Back