what's the single best LOTR piece?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cr`

Super Freak
Reaction score
i'm talking the ONE that RULE THEM ALL.

GTG pf/ lurtz pf/ balrog/ 24" sauron/ what?

i was more inclined toward lurtz because he's visually the most attractive and is the darth maul of the franchise, but when all said and done he's just a glorified henchman, isnt he? and there are countless uruk hai in the films that practically look like him.

gandalf is the most iconic visually, and he screams LOTR like no other piece. the pf's likeness is great as well. but i just dont feel the pf's robe, and let's face it.. it's a statue of an old dude. great actor and great character, but an old dude in a robe nonetheless.

balrog/sauron then? i dont know... both look absolutely cool, but both dont immediately scream LOTR to me. i'm just venting here. what do you guys think is the single piece that could best represent the trilogy?

I don't know whether it is "the best" piece, but GTG is certainly the most iconic imo

I guess it depends on your preferences. If you prefer a character, then I'd go with either the GTG or Lurtz PFs. But if you're into replicas, then I'd say the One Ring replica would be most representative of the trilogy as a whole.

For scaled environments, I'd probably say the Danbury Mint Minas Tirith diorama, or WETA's Argonath.

It would all be subjective...

As for the single best LOTR collectible, for me it would be first editions of 'The Fellowship of the Ring', 'The Two Towers' and 'The Return of the King'.

My opinion; surprisingly, 3/4 are SSW:

Lurtz PF Ex.
RWoS
Witchking in True Form
Treebeard Bust

I'd have to say my kitbashed Bilbo:

100_7263.jpg

Bashed from an Ex Frodo and the ToyBiz Bilbo with some paint and dye, he's the little bastard who started it all and the smaller 1:6 scale just adds a lot of charm to the leatherbounds behind him on the shelf. The project Gimli's a very close second though. Lot of fond memories of how this place used to be, in that piece.

Last edited:
For me, a map of Middle-earth, a One Ring replica, a sword (Sting or Anduril?) maybe?

As for Sideshow, definately SSW Sauron, but the new GTG PF is looking good too.

It would all be subjective...

As for the single best LOTR collectible, for me it would be first editions of 'The Fellowship of the Ring', 'The Two Towers' and 'The Return of the King'.

My ultimate grails. :lecture

I have araforn premium format and i am totally happy with it
the most iconic and heroic chraracter from lotr for me

Maybe I'm just influenced by the newness of it, but I would have a hard time finding a single more iconic and impressive piece than the Gandalf the Grey PF. If you were to have just one statue to represent LOTR, that would be a very good choice.

Lurtz was very well done, but he's just not the single greatest character. "Best Piece" needs to be a high quality collectible and a truly iconic character that represents all of LOTR.

I'd have to say my kitbashed Bilbo:

100_7263.jpg

Bashed from an Ex Frodo and the ToyBiz Bilbo with some paint and dye, he's the little bastard who started it all and the smaller 1:6 scale just adds a lot of charm to the leatherbounds behind him on the shelf. The project Gimli's a very close second though. Lot of fond memories of how this place used to be, in that piece.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I'm right there with you, thenam. These are even more special because of the personalized touch and the camaraderie behind the projects.

i have the lurtz, moria orc and uruk hai pfs and they are 3 of the best pieces in my collection, especially when displayed together

My favorite piece was and always will be the Original Balrog. The Gimli, Strider, and Elessar pieces from the SSW line are special for personal reasons. Sauron is also on that list because of his amazing detail, size, and the way it was knocked out of the park.

thx for sharing your best piece. doesnt help to narrow it down for me though. hehe... guess you cant just have one LOTR piece. :lol

sorry about that. had a feeling there had been many similar threads, but just wanted to get a quick consensus. :)

Back