Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks
Page 6643 of 6672 FirstFirst ... 564361436543659366336639664066416642664366446645664666476653 ... LastLast
Results 66,421 to 66,430 of 66718
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Re: S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Ultra Instinct Goku is out in Asia!

A friend just pointed out that Shfiguarts Tao Pai Pai is made in Vietnam and not in China like the rest of the others.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by okayhoang View Post
    A friend just pointed out that Shfiguarts Tao Pai Pai is made in Vietnam and not in China like the rest of the others.
    Maybe Bandai is experimenting with other countries' factories for various reasons:

-Costs might be cheaper than China
    -Vietnamese government has offered tax breaks/other incentives to manufacture there
    -Bandai is trying options outside of China to get away from reliance on one country (i.e.: if something like COVID shuts down a factory, then Bandai can focus the product manufacturing to another factory)
    -The third-party/bootleg market "steals" lots of molds from Chinese factories, it's possible these entities are less prolific in other countries like Vietnam
    -Distrust of Chinese government to assist Bandai is exercising Property/Design Laws in China (see above with counterfeiting/bootlegging). China is notorious for just "stealing" designs.

How's Tao's quality, etc? I passed on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardoon View Post
    How's Tao's quality, etc? I passed on him.
    All good and valid points. If not all I?m sure most are the reason why they?re moving away from China made.

He didn?t say anything about quality but didn?t complains either. He?s new to figuarts but from review videos I watched, it?s a solid doll.

Looks like amazon PreOrders are back up and available for PO.

Super Freak
    Feedback

Well well well... 3.0 is here

Hear a new figure line is coming soon. 1:9 scale this time.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G975W 發送

Quote Originally Posted by silverpikachu View Post
    Well well well... 3.0 is here
    Probably not 3.0 since it?s not s.h.figuarts and tin said above that it?s a new line and it?s 1/9 in size.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    There's some photos around online of the "Imagination Works" Goku figure. I saw a SSB version and a light-up SSJ version. You guys are right, it's NOT 3.0, it's a new Tamashii line.

It is indeed 1/9th scale. It looks seamless but the joints are carefully hidden. Some people have lightened the photos and you can see the joints. I think this is a good idea as rubber will deteriorate over time (as we've seen with Hot Toys). I would've liked to have seen cloth for the outfit though, but that has challenges as well for certain figures (like Vegeta where his outfit might be too snug and prone to tearing).

I'm interested to see the figure in more "action" poses.