Voltron: Defender of the Universe - Live Action Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ra88

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I know it's only September 16th and all, but it kinda feels like Christmas morning. That’s because when I opened up my Macbook just now, an insanely cool visual treat from a trusted source was just sitting there, patiently waiting in my inbox like a hungry kitty (that weak metaphor will become a sly pun by the end of this story).

Lets face it. After the 'Fallen' got their 'Revenge' on us last summer by duping us into spending our hard-earned coin on a lackluster TRANSFORMERS sequel, it quickly became apparent that Optimus and Co. were already starting to gather a bit of rust. But for those anxiously awaiting an heir apparent to breathe fresh life into the massive-metal-monster genre, it looks like the oft-rumored VOLTRON movie may finally be gaining some traction.

It appears that Atlas Entertainment has taken the reins on the project and is gearing up a pretty impressive pitch. Apparently, they've hired the currently hot screenwriting tag-team of Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The names may not sound familiar to you, but they might soon. The duo wrote the upcoming CONAN flick, and are currently scribing the DR. STRANGE and UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE adaptations.

Now for that whole "Christmas morning" part. The highlight of the pitch comes in the form of a handful of wicked (and carnage-heavy) concept art. Looks like they're definitely not prepping a Saturday morning cartoon for the kiddies. Check out the JoBlo.com exclusive images of Voltron and Robeast tearing our planet to shreds now (click to see them in hi-res) and here's hoping we get more feline robot exclusives in the future!

https://www.joblo.com/exclusive-voltron-is-getting-ready-to-form-a-first-look-at-art-from-the-new-film

voltronexcl1-big.jpg

voltronexcl2-big.jpg

Not sure on the design, but eh, it's just concept art for a pitch, so the design will probably still change. Stupid that they're placing it on Earth, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Voltron liveaction movie

VOLTRON!!!

Defenders of the Universe...Universe...Universe. :rock

Re: Voltron liveaction movie

VOLTRON!!! :rock :yess:

I just saw this and was about to post it. Those concepts look really cool, can't wait to see more!

Ra88, I edited your title, hope you don't mind. :)

Kewl, but I don't see it getting anywhere close to Transformers type box office.
Voltron wasn't anywhere near as popular as Transformers in this country. Those movies got butts in the seats based on franchise alone. Voltron will need something else if it is going to succeed, IMO.

Looks amazing. I'm glad they created a similer design to the Transformers flicks.

Glad they didnt decide on making it cartoon accurate...:lol

oh crap, looks very similar to the gay transformers movie designs, why so many pointy bits?
Just keep it simple ffs!
Whats wrong with staying true to the original design of the cartoon?
And Michael Bay better have nothing to do with this...

Yeah I don't like this whole "skeletal" design thing like Transformers had. Fighting vehicles shouldn't have a crap load of exposed parts.

Maybe not being so grand in scale and Transformers level, will make for a real story and better movie.

Back