ALIEN and ALIENS Thread...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here's something new. The guys over at OSW are trying to figure out if this is a custom or a leaked prototype for the Hot Toys line. It was found on some Hong Kong thread...

Ripley-hottoys.jpg

The hands look like Vasquez, but those boots look pretty darn good for a custom. I hope its the real deal.

The sculpt's not bad either - it does look like a HT product, and I hope it is.

Oh.My.God.

I think that looks a lot like a HotToys product and might be the real deal!
Awesome.
I just hope this means we'll get a lot more Alien/Aliens figures from HotToys, especially the aliens themselves. Wow!
Thank you so much for the headsup!

I too hope this is an ACTUAL HT prototype...it looks AWESOME! I have the Hicks and Apone...still have to get the Vasquez, but would love that Ripley too! Hope they make a Hudson with this line, if this is the 1st look at the 2nd series!!! Man, if HT can make that HUGE ED-209 for their 1/6 Robocop line, I'd love for them to do a 1/6 Ripley in Power-Loader...Fully-posable...Man, that'd be like 18" tall and AMAZING!!!

Oh, some actual ALIENS would be AWESOME too...just look at how good HT made those Predator figures...

:D

Unless the base was swiped from another product, it looks like a good indicator of a mass-produced item. Typically photos of custom figures I see don't include a matching/well-made figure stand.
Great, another figure to drool over and lose sleep to!:monkey5

Looks like a proto to me! The detailed weapon is the giveaway and it can ONLY mean Hot Toys!

Only thing a bit off for me is that is Ripley's suit and boots from Alien and her weapon from Aliens!

In Aliens, she wore a t-shirt, jacket and sneakers.

Last edited:
Nope. In Alien, she wore an army green flight suit and high-top tennis shoes. In Aliens, she wore the light blue jumpsuit (yes, with a brown bomber over most of the time) until the end when she slipped out of the top half of the jumpsuit, wrapped it around her waist, and got ready to rock!

This "figure" is accurate to the Aliens wardrobe -- she even has the t-shirt under the jumpsuit so you can "wrap it around her waist" if you want.

What did I win?

Pix - Aliens:

aliens.jpg

Alien:

Alien_Babe.jpg

Wor-Gar said:
Nope. In Alien, she wore an army green flight suit and high-top tennis shoes. In Aliens, she wore the light blue jumpsuit (yes, with a brown bomber over most of the time) until the end when she slipped out of the top half of the jumpsuit, wrapped it around her waist, and got ready to rock!

This "figure" is accurate to the Aliens wardrobe -- she even has the t-shirt under the jumpsuit so you can "wrap it around her waist" if you want.

What did I win?

Pix - Aliens:

aliens.jpg

Alien:

Alien_Babe.jpg

I'm thinking the third act finale when she was lugging Knute around and blasting alien eggs to kingdom come. Could have sworn she had low-top sneaks, khaki pants and ok maybe it was the bomber jacket but I remember a brown jacket/ And don't make me fire up my LE J Cameron Director's cut DVD!!!

Pop Quiz hotshot:
And you don't win ANYTHING until you answer these 2 VERY easy questions.

1) What was Knutes real character name?
2) What was the name of her doll "It's just a piece of plastic!"

pjam said:
Pop Quiz hotshot:
And you don't win ANYTHING until you answer these 2 VERY easy questions.

1) What was Knutes real character name?
2) What was the name of her doll "It's just a piece of plastic!"

Answer 1: Rebecca
Answer 2: Casey

And knute is spelled NEWT

YES! He shoots, he scores!

EDIT: Oops! A little late am I.

Sideshow Andy said:
Darn! Casey, that's right. I wasn't even close. :)

Most wouldn't have even guessed Rebecca, except maybe Wor-Gar so you have at least earned I round of applause! :clap

There were only two references to Rebecca's name in the original Aliens as I recall:

1) when Ripley first asked her name "Rebecca, but everybody calls me Newt"

2) And her school plaque in that mess of a hideaway which was the ONLY reference with her full name.

Wor-Gar said:
Answer 1: Rebecca
Answer 2: Casey

And knute is spelled NEWT

YES! He shoots, he scores!

EDIT: Oops! A little late am I.

And you, my friend, have earned the USUAL full compliment of applause. :clap :clap

Wor-Gar said:
I was way late but that was a good pop quiz, P.

I do what I can!

Boy, Andy came out of nowhere and made a mad dash for the end zone there!

I know, that was cool.

I know Hot Toys has the ALIENS license but I wish SS would take on the first ALIEN. I'd love to get that Ripley, Ash and Parker. I hope Andy's still listening here :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back