Do you guys think these busts are legit...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to his selling history, he's SOLD 8 (yes, eight, ocho, 7+1, 9-1, EIGHT) X-Men Vs. Sentinel #1 Diorama Exclusives within the past 5 months. And those aren't the only multiple SSC "grails" he's sold. Other noteworthy entries include THREE 1:1 SSC Arnold 1:1s, TWO SSC Venom 1:1s, TWO SSC/Weta Balrogs, and a partridge in a pear tree. (Oh, and the Balrogs were both APs no less...of course, APs or bust, right?)

So, my guess is no. Something isn't right. Felmar, stay away, my friend. :lecture

This guy is a real creep.

I emailed him a couple times about a Mummy pf and he just didn't respond at all. That alone doesn't make him a creep, but his lack of responses make me think he's looking to trick someone who comes along and doesn't know better and impulse buys.

Odd that he has 100% positive feedback with 469 reviews. If he's really selling bootlegs, you'd think one of those buyers would have noticed.

Unless he's legit. :thud:

Where he is located is all the warning signs I need. They have been selling dupes/knock offs out of China and other Asiatic countries for years now.

I say no way do you buy from him.

The sad part is most of those pieces have probably made their way to the U.S., could be sold to one of us by a local seller, and we might not ever know....

Granted, these COULD be legit (and that's me making a BIG leap of faith), but I'd still be cautious based on the sheer number of "grails" they've sold. Eight, X-Men Vs. Sentinel Dio. Exclusives? Something isn't normal here.

These probably aren't "bootlegs" in a sense of recasts. Instead, it's just like it was a while back where the Chinamen were selling ones right from the factory that they (stole) and numbered.

Even the feedback is suspect. One buyer purchased two life-size Venom busts, two life-size T-800 Arnold busts and one life-size Maul bust? :dunno

Like I said before, they didn't answer 3 separate messages I sent on multiple different days.

They won't answer questions; they don't want customers who ask questions. They're looking for people who don't know better to come along and make a quick purchase.

Doesn't Sideshow reward people who identify these "bootleggers"? Have you brought this to their attention, Ozzfan?

I certainly have! I'm not looking for prizes, though. I'm looking to maintain the value of these rare pieces. If this kind of junk makes it's way over here, it could make people very cautious about buying rare pieces.

Rule of thumb:

If its coming from an Asian country, I expect in-hand pictures.

Sorry to generalize, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the feedback fellas :wave

It does look like jbinny bought a Balrog from this seller (ttownbmx) back in June...it would be nice to get feedback from him.

Also...
no edition numbers and obviously no pictures :cuckoo:
The seller is def. looking for an impulse buyer.

Thanks for the feedback fellas :wave

It does look like jbinny bought a Balrog from this seller (ttownbmx) back in June...it would be nice to get feedback from him.

Also...
no edition numbers and obviously no pictures :cuckoo:
The seller is def. looking for an impulse buyer.

EEEK! That may have already been flipped on some unsuspecting freak. :horror

EEEK! That may have already been flipped on some unsuspecting freak. :horror

If he did sell it..I don't think it would be much of a flip..he bought it for $1600 and the balrog's have come down in price quite a bit.

UDPATE-
The regular version has ended already with buy it now.
The seller put these up at a great time...
there is another Ardeth Bey bust up on ebaY, its already at $1900 +
So he put a lower buy it now and someone bit.

Back