Animi Princess Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVILFACE

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know who is making or a link to the animi style Leia and R2 statue? It was displayed at Toyfair.

20060306_amidala_leia_bg.jpg

https://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/gentlegiant/news20060306.html

She makes me think of Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"... I don't collect gentle giant, and I'm not a fan of the anime style, but I have to confess this does look like a nice piece. Could be tempting when the time comes...

Agent, I was just thinking the same thing - hate the anime style, don't have any of the others, but that Leia is just too hot...

Agent0028 said:
She makes me think of Jessica Rabbit from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"... I don't collect gentle giant, and I'm not a fan of the anime style, but I have to confess this does look like a nice piece. Could be tempting when the time comes...

I agree. Glad I'm not the only one hehe.

I have Boba Fett on order and I think this one will go fast. Anyone know when it'll go up for sale?

Darklord Dave said:
Agent, I was just thinking the same thing - hate the anime style, don't have any of the others, but that Leia is just too hot...

Don't worry, you're not alone. I agree with both of you guys. I don't know what it is about these pieces, but they just have that little extra something that has me slightly interested.

I also think the Fett is pretty darn cool - I really like those wind swept flames on the base!

:)

At first I wasn't sure about these but the more I see, the more I like. But this is by far my favorite.

The Leia/R2 statue is nicely done but I'm not bothered about buying it. I'll definitely be getting Boba Fett though.

Why all of "the hate"? I think the style is refreshing and SW was always influenced by the Japanese culture. I dig them and will collect of all of them. Can't wait. :monkey5 Also Leia is a hottie, for not being real. :naughty

I live in alot of fear that they will try and make this one an exclsuive like Padme' and therefore we have to fight and kick to get one. ~ ? ~

I'm havn't made the commitment to keep up with this line < except for Liea > So much stuff.:rolleyes:

Hey EvilFace, these do look great don't they. I really liked the Clone Wars versions, and the more I see these, the more they're growing on me. I have Fett on pre-order and plan to get all the OT animated style maquettes...and may go back and pick up a few of the Clone Wars ones that aren't commanding too much $$$ on ebay...

:cool:

by the way, here's a few more links to the 2006 Toy Fair galleries for these statues. Enjoy!

https://www.rebelscum.com/TF2006/tf06-GGSanimated/

https://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4756

https://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=browse&categoryid=3938&whichpage=2

There's something about the Vader that I really don't care for. I think he looks more like a toy instead of a statue. The other ones don't look that way to me.

Batty said:
There's something about the Vader that I really don't care for. I think he looks more like a toy instead of a statue. The other ones don't look that way to me.

GG "Anime" Vader looks exactly like the Force Battlers version. The Force Battlers version does look good on the top of a Christmas tree as my Christmas "angel", however. Too bad they didn't make a Force Battlers version of Leia that looked like the GG. Might have had more interest in the Force Battlers line then...:lol

bigdaddyrob said:
I live in alot of fear that they will try and make this one an exclsuive like Padme' and therefore we have to fight and kick to get one. ~ ? ~

Actually, the Padme wasn't that hard to get. It was announced that if there was enough demand, they'd up the edition size to 1500, but not enough people pounced on it. StarWarsShop had it for pre-order for quite a while and never sold out; I didn't preorder mine and bought it from StarWarsShop once it was in stock. Cartoon Network's site sold some and so did GG; and they were available for a little while too I believe.

Yes, she does look hot. If Leia looked just like this in ANH, she'd give Slave Leia a run for her money.:monkey5 I'll definitely be ordering this once it's available. Got Boba on order already. I don't know about the Vader, he just doesn't do much for me. The Ithorian Jedi from Clone Wars that they showed I may get, but I don't know. I probably won't preorder it and hope to find it on the cheap.

Back