Resident Evil: Damnation (movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Technically a movie but I'll post it here since it's associated with the games.

Capcom and Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan Co., Ltd. have announced the co-production of Resident Evil: Damnation, a sequel to the full-length CG animation feature Resident Evil: Degeneration based upon the Resident Evil (known in Japan as Biohazard) series of games and movies.

While the predecessor Resident Evil: Degeneration had only a limited 2-week / 3-screen theatrical release in Japan, Box Office sales surpassed 40 million yen, and the home video release has shipped more than 1.6 million copies worldwide, making the film a global hit.

Since its initial release in 1996, the Resident Evil series of games has established the "survival horror" genre and has shipped over a 44 million units worldwide, continuing to captivate its fans as a powerful property. Resident Evil 5, which was released in 2009, shipped over 5.4 million units worldwide, recording the highest sales within the franchise.

The first three Resident Evil live-action films collectively grossed over US$ 300 million at the Box Office worldwide, and the most recent installment grossed over US$ 27 million in its opening weekend.

Resident Evil: Damnation will feature as its main character Leon S. Kennedy. The film is currently in production and being directed by Makoto Kamiya (Resident Evil: Degeneration), and produced by Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer RResident Evil: Degeneration, associate producer Resident Evil: Afterlife and Resident Evil: Apocalypse), with plans for a 3D release in 2012

https://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1120378p1.html

:yess::yess::yess:

If thats the case, they could have used Rebecca and Billy or evan Barry instead. I have nothing againt Leon mind you, I'd just like to see other characters.

I hope this movie shows a bit of the backlash coming from the Africa incident and the potential exposure of Tricell's involvement. That was one thing I really enjoyed about the first movie, the worlds reaction to the Raccoon City incident. It really helped ground the universe.

I hope this movie shows a bit of the backlash coming from the Africa incident and the potential exposure of Tricell's involvement. That was one thing I really enjoyed about the first movie, the worlds reaction to the Raccoon City incident. It really helped ground the universe.

Indeed though if it takes place after RE5 that means Wesker probably won't be in it but then again they could explore more of Alex Wesker's background and involvement with bio experimentations.

Resident Evil Degeneration vs Resident Evil Afterlife

Aftelife is one of the best live actions due to Wesker...
Degeneration is good because of Leon...
I cant really compare live to cgi films though way to different...

But I really liked all the scenes with Wesker in them form Afterlife maybe the only thing that made that movie worth seeing...

Where as Degeneration was a good movie all the way around... So I guess it wins... The whole story was good not just one character... Sigh... Still cant pick one over the other...

Just heard about this.......best. news. ever! :rock

I LOVED Degeneration! And I'm so glad Leon is back in Damnation!........ugh, pumpedness overload!!!!!!!! :panic:

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Should be good. Degeneration wasn't perfect but it was still enjoyable.

I hope having Leon as the main character means we'll see more of Ada and her organisation especially now with Wesker out of the picture. :pray:

Back