Collection Stash: A Collection Cataloging and Collectible Archiving Platform

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Collection Database Website interest?

Sounds like a great idea!! Do u have a link to see how things are coming along?

Sounds like a great idea!! Do u have a link to see how things are coming along?

Not yet. :) I will hopefully have some screenshots soon. I have my production environment all setup but I haven't bought a domain yet because I am not sure on the name for the site yet. Which means I have no link to give out yet. I might just publish the site to my personal domain until I figure out a name.

Sounds cool man. I use Bento as a way to figure out what's in all the boxes in my closet. It would be nice to upload your collection items so other people see what I've got. Also helpful to see some of the rarer pieces that might be hard to track down.

Sounds cool man. I use Bento as a way to figure out what's in all the boxes in my closet. It would be nice to upload your collection items so other people see what I've got. Also helpful to see some of the rarer pieces that might be hard to track down.

Thanks! I was thinking of adding something to indicate if you are interested in selling for just that reason. I don't want to handle any of the transaction but it might be another way to track down pieces you want.

I still think you should call it "Collectibase"!!!! :rock

Haha, I am taking name suggestions. Actually working on it right now. I took a break from working on functionality and trying to hash out some half way decent looking UI.

It is currently titled Echo Base still. :)

I think it's a great idea.

But I do think that there should be a way to keep your information private should you desire.

I think it's a great idea.

But I do think that there should be a way to keep your information private should you desire.

I was thinking about some privacy controls around certain data like how much you paid for the item and edition size. That could be expanded in the future if more is necessary. Maybe on personal photos as well.

I am interested.

Maybe also for future... a DVD/Blu section.

Hey! Wow - just checked back on the post I made early last month inquiring if something like this existed - didn't realize where its gone since then. Thanks for your diligence, Sexy. I'm very much interested in this. All of your proposed implementations sound great - my only input would be a way to link an item to a possible availability on retailers sites or even eBay... or something like that. Definitely keep us posted on your progress and PM me if I can help with anything. BTW, I know jack about coding or building web sites :p. Thanks again!

Hey! Wow - just checked back on the post I made early last month inquiring if something like this existed - didn't realize where its gone since then. Thanks for your diligence, Sexy. I'm very much interested in this. All of your proposed implementations sound great - my only input would be a way to link an item to a possible availability on retailers sites or even eBay... or something like that. Definitely keep us posted on your progress and PM me if I can help with anything. BTW, I know jack about coding or building web sites :p. Thanks again!

Thanks for your interest as well. I did think about something a long the lines of a availability link but I have not really dived into the design around that aspect yet but I like where you are going. I will keep that in mind for a future enhancement.

So far I have finished login, registration, view all collectibles stored in the database, adding a collectible for approval to be put into the database (including uploading a photo), adding collectibles to your own personal collection and the standard editing and removing. The main thing I don't have finished the UI which I am working on now. I am hoping this weekend to have some screenshots of how the collection view/gallery looks.

Sounds like a cool project.

Remember the old checklists that used to come with some card collections?

Is it going to use something like that?

I can see something like:
SSC Indiana Jones
O Exclusive Edition O Regular O Customized

And the user just checks off what they have. Then have an option to print 1)what you own, 2)what you are missing from a collection or 3)both.

Sounds like a cool project.

Remember the old checklists that used to come with some card collections?

Is it going to use something like that?

I can see something like:
SSC Indiana Jones
O Exclusive Edition O Regular O Customized

And the user just checks off what they have. Then have an option to print 1)what you own, 2)what you are missing from a collection or 3)both.

Very similar. The plan is for the data to be user driven. If you have a collectible you want to add to your collection and it doesn't exist to add you can add it to the main database of collectibles (will most likely need some sort of admin approval) and then once it is added you can add it to your own collection.

Currently I am adding Exclusives and Regulars as separate collectibles in the database and then one of the features I would want would be to override specific accessories of a collectible for any customizations.

I do like your idea for the ability to see what you are missing from a collection. Maybe at a license level? Do you think that would be beneficial? I think the problem would be how to do organize a collectible into a category to determine what you are missing. Based on type, 1/6th, 1/4th, PF, maquette? Or license? Or maybe a combination of both? I could add some filters to searching maybe that allows you to search on all collectibles base on type, license and if you own or don't own and any other types of filters we can come up with.

Out of the box I probably won't create any specific user categories or groupings but eventually I would like for the user to be able to categorize them, themselves in their own collection for viewing purposes.

I have to use excel as an example, since I'm not familiar with other data base software, but I think if you have columns for brand, license, and product line that would probably be good enough.
For stuff like SW or Indiana Jones you could even break it down by specific movie.

Maybe have the system default that if the collector owns 1 item from a line that they would be interested in the other items of the same attributes.

Possibly similar to Netflix, maybe a user can mark items that they aren't interested in and the system can exclude it from their list.

Sounds really complex!

I agree with you that allowing users to enter a new product is a good idea, but also agree it should be moderated so that the item is being added to the correct categories as well as prevent someone from creating a duplicate entry because they were too lazy to search the existing entries.

Not sure if you'd be interested to do this, but you may inquire about partnering with some of the existing sites that have large product databases already, such as yojoe or rebelscum, etc.

Last edited:

I have to use excel as an example, since I'm not familiar with other data base software, but I think if you have columns for brand, license, and product line that would probably be good enough.
For stuff like SW or Indiana Jones you could even break it down by specific movie.

Maybe have the system default that if the collector owns 1 item from a line that they would be interested in the other items of the same attributes.

Possibly similar to Netflix, maybe a user can mark items that they aren't interested in and the system can exclude it from their list.

Yea that sounds good. I will have think more about the netflix idea.

Sounds really complex!

I agree with you that allowing users to enter a new product is a good idea, but also agree it should be moderated so that the item is being added to the correct categories as well as prevent someone from creating a duplicate entry because they were too lazy to search the existing entries.

Not sure if you'd be interested to do this, but you may inquire about partnering with some of the existing sites that have large product databases already, such as yojoe or rebelscum, etc.

I think briefly about working with other databases out there and if I get this going and it takes off and a lot of people find it valuable and use it then I might start contacting some of them. The real problem being they will need some sort of web services in front of their data for me to access it because I really don't want to get into screen scraping. It seems though like a lot I have found don't contain a lot of high end collectibles that SSC and Hot Toys seems to offer.

Back