Anybody have good links for display cabinets- I've got a couple, looking for more

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iansilv

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey guys- my stuff is stored because I can't display it yet- does anyone have any suggestions on display cabinets besides these:

https://www.roomandboard.com/rnb/dept.do?dept=RB313

https://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/sto...attype=sub&parentCats=10104*10173*10186*10409

The above ikea stuff is used by Phillip Sansweet here:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=20910&highlight=display+case+glass+shelves

I thought I would post this question here because I am waiting until I can find something that is big enough to display Grievous.

While I can't really afford all that, the DETOLF from IKEA is pretty sweet. Great for GG or 12". And only $60 each.

I just bought a DETOLF from IKEA for my 12" figures and the few mini busts I have and it's excellent.

bcm77 said:
I just bought a DETOLF from IKEA for my 12" figures and the few mini busts I have and it's excellent.

How many shelfs does a DETOLF have and how many 12" figs can you fit in it?

Migwit said:
https://www.furniturelandsouth.com
Awesome selection! I will really have to make some tough decisions when I pick out the ones I want from all the ones they have here. :google :D
Im about 5min from this place. Its HUGE!!
Furniture Market's this month. About 80,000 people come to town to place orders for upcoming products. Luckily, when they all leave, all of the samples are let go cheap cause the companies are too lazy to move them back to the warehouse.
I will be doing some mad shopping after this market. :D

nash said:
How many shelfs does a DETOLF have and how many 12" figs can you fit in it?

PE043575.JPG

Four shelves. Each can hold three or four 12" figures and look nice, although you can cram in a lot more than that if you need to.

The deltofs don't have adjustable shelves though and thus aren't ideal for PFs.

I have IKEA Billy bookcases which I'm in the process of putting glass doors on and adding lights. It's not an ideal solution, because unlike the Docents the doors have a wood frame, but I didn't want to replace everything.

iansilv said:
I thought I would post this question here because I am waiting until I can find something that is big enough to display Grievous.

Missed that part...

Don't get a Detolf for Grievous! It'll never work.

DETOLF should only be used for 12" and GG. I think if perfect for those. Any of the PF will require something a little more elaborate and expensive. I lucked out and got a $1200 case for $100. Should house my PF's for quite a while.

Darklord Dave said:
The deltofs don't have adjustable shelves though and thus aren't ideal for PFs.

I have IKEA Billy bookcases which I'm in the process of putting glass doors on and adding lights. It's not an ideal solution, because unlike the Docents the doors have a wood frame, but I didn't want to replace everything.

I have this arrangement. It will help with the light if you replace all the BILLY shelves but the center (support) one with glass, which IKEA does offer separately.

I mix 'n' matched mine. Birch cabinets, white doors. I've also got an older DETOLF. It's black. I guess they discontinued it in black.

I should have mentioned that I'm also replacing the shelves with glass. I'm trying to source some cheap mirrors that I can put in the back too.

Vader is almost too wide for the Billy shelf - I can't imagine what I'm going to do with Greivous.

Those DETOLF are looking good to me. Are they able to hold bigger 12" figures like Jason, Jaws, Kurgan, etc? Or perhaps people with big accessories like lightsabers or Freddy's furnace?

Buttmunch said:
Those DETOLF are looking good to me. Are they able to hold bigger 12" figures like Jason, Jaws, Kurgan, etc? Or perhaps people with big accessories like lightsabers or Freddy's furnace?

That is what I was thinking. Looks like you would need to take out the middle shelf on each section to put even a regular 12" figure in there.

Customikey said:
Sigh. I'm going the Budget Living Route and screwing dresser drawers to my wall.

I been there Mikey....i wish i could afford a really nice shelveing unit, but I spend to much on the actual collectibles then dont have enough for nice display options....I really need to set some money aside this year to upgrade my displaying...but with the move coming I dont want to buy something nice now....I think I will stick with my Home Depot shelves for now...

EVILFACE said:
That is what I was thinking. Looks like you would need to take out the middle shelf on each section to put even a regular 12" figure in there.

Any info on this? how far apart is each shelf spaced out?

Back