My AVATAR cast signed poster.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLIDSNAKE

Super Freak
Reaction score
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/I1d_87ykj54?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/I1d_87ykj54?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thank you lightwave !
you rock bro.

after a year finnaly got it done !

DSC03995.jpg

320 bucs

looks so pro. they did an amazing job framing my poster. I will have a video soon on it.
this poster is priceless to me. thanks again lightwave.

no one cares. and FYI that poster is a fake. you notice that lightwave has disappeared from the forum after he sold all of his 'copies' of the signed posters. :lol

He was even taking the Sideshow exclusive Adam Hughes prints (mary jane, emma frost, etc) and copying them on high quality paper and trying to sell them on Ebay.

no one cares. and FYI that poster is a fake. you notice that lightwave has disappeared from the forum after he sold all of his 'copies' of the signed posters. :lol

He was even taking the Sideshow exclusive Adam Hughes prints (mary jane, emma frost, etc) and copying them on high quality paper and trying to sell them on Ebay.

Some one needs to help you pull that rod out of your @$$ my friend!!!

My friend on this very forum, who got one stated it was a phony...

Sorry to hear, all those that got scammed. Live and learn. :monkey2

he is probably not arround anymore because of douchbags like you.
dont be a jelous _____.

What ? They all used the same silver sharpie? Even though your "signing pics" are at different events in different countries? ...? And that doesnt look like Worthingtons sig.
Looks like a fake mate.

:(

The posters legit. I know coz I've several others with the fox seals bought from different legit dealers. I'm pretty sure the pics aren't the ones of the stars actually signing these posters . These like the others I have were all VIP door gifts, not the run of the mill ones with signatures gathered up by autograph collectors at red carpet events and stuff like that

The posters legit. I know coz I've several others with the fox seals bought from different legit dealers. I'm pretty sure the pics aren't the ones of the stars actually signing these posters . These like the others I have were all VIP door gifts, not the run of the mill ones with signatures gathered up by autograph collectors at red carpet events and stuff like that

thank you.

some people on these forum I tell you blow my mind away.
I know there is fake posters out there. this is not fake at all.

this is the real deal.

certified holographic seal of aproval and 2 vips from fox signed it.

I am actually getting a certificate of auth from fox so...

ROFL, do you know how easy it is to make a holo seal or sticker? so many fake sports jerseys have them and so do cards or even auto'd photos.

I could have signed them and claimed it was a fox VIP. you don't even know for sure, you are just going on good faith that they are real.

It's your problem so enjoy your fake poster that you paid $400 for :lol

He also must have come to the conclusion that the movie sucked. :lecture

nash get back to your cave.

ohh yeaa by the way I am getting a certificate of auth... for the poster. The people that framed the poster gave me a number where to get stuff authenticated.
I gave them the serial # in the holographic seal.

Last edited:
People who know me on this forum know that I collect autographs more than I collect statues. I thought of this thread because "studio signed poster" forgeries have become an epidemic in the autograph collecting hobby, and it seems like this Avatar poster was one of the first. When looking at some new ones, I remembered someone was selling Avatar ones on here and I went back to this forum to check those old images. Sure enough, all of the signatures are forgeries. I'm willing to bet also that at least a few of those "signing proof pictures" could be sourced back to other autograph collectors or media outlets.

I know you are attached to this poster, but I urge you to look past the "stamps" and "holograms" and to look at the autographs. I'm sorry to say that these signatures are forgeries. And it could be tough to hear that when the piece is yours. But unfortunatey, there are a lot of dishonest people out there, and it is common to be tricked when you are new to the hobby.

The Avatar poster was the beginning of this new fraudulent activity, because it had a generic hologram on it and fake "executive" signatures. Now, they're making fake stamps and holograms for poster tubes, fake COAs, and more flashy stuff to keep people from looking at the autographs. If you look at two recent forgery posters from the same ring-- Man of Steel and Iron Man 3, you'll see that the layout and language of the certificates are the same, despite one supposedly being issued by Warner Bros., and one supposedly being issued by Disney.

I'm willing to work with you to help you understand why these are not authentic autographs. Here are steps you could take:

- I will gladly post authentic examples of some of the signatures I know.

- PSA/DNA is the leading third party authenticator of autographs. Search for examples of signatures they've certified and compare them to your signatures.

- PSA/DNA offers quick opinions on ebay signatures for $7.50. Post a temporary auction and seek their opinion.

- There are many autograph communities online. I'd be happy to point you in the direction of a forum where you could post the image and get opinions. There, you could learn about this scam where forgers are making up fake premiere stories and documents and selling fake autographs at a premium.

- If you aren't confident with PSA/DNA's opinion, look for things like authentic contracts or items from private signings to compare to your signatures. I've seen Cameron contracts before, and Sigourney Weaver did a private signing with Celebrity Authentics. The signatures on your poster look nothing like these authentic signatures.

Finally, consider the "proof pictures". First of all none of them show your exact poster. Many are cropped to not show what is being signed. Furthermore, if these were issued by the studio at the premiere, why are the pictures of people signing for autograph hounds AT the premiere? If this were real, wouldn't the studio have arranged sit down signings months in advance, and not have had to chase down these actors at premiere with all of the other autograph hounds? It makes no sense. And it further prove that the "studio issued premiere poster" in general is a hoax. But it's a good line to sell fake posters.

Like I said, I know it can be upsetting to discover that something you value is a forgery. But I believe it's better to know than to find out further down the line. Personally, I'd hate to pass down a fake item through family generations, or go to sell something eventually and be accused of selling forgeries myself. Like I said, I'm willing to do any of the aboe things to help you with this. I'm sorry for the bad news.

Last edited:
Here is further evidence that the signatures are forgeries:

Here is an image from when they were being sold on these forums.

Bog46gmkKGrHqQH-CwEuYw1oB-IBLnswfuj.jpg

Here is an image from Sigourney Weaver's recent private signing:

Autographed-Sigourney%20Weaver%20Autographed%20Alien%20Controls%20Photo-Memorabilia__1692_L_ImageProcessor.jpg

Autographed-Sigourney%20Weaver%20Autographed%20Alien%20Controls%20Photo-Memorabilia__1693_L_ImageProcessor.jpg

Here are the key differences between her real signatures and the one on your poster:

- Her real signature has an upward slant to it. Almost every item she signs has an upward slant.

- Her real signature is much more "squished" than the one on your poster. None of her real letter formations are as wide as what's represented on the poster.

- All letter formations are way off. Start by looking at the "S" and the "W" and go from there.

Let's look at James Cameron now:

Bog46gmkKGrHqQH-CwEuYw1oB-IBLnswfuj.jpg

Here's a true officially signed item-- a Dark Angel card by Topps. These are super limited and show of the nature of his real in person signature:

darkangel_zpsee24892a.jpg

The only thing remotely unusual about that card is that he usually signs with an upward slant on larger items. The dimensions on the signing space in the card forced him to make the signature a little straighter than usual; but even then you could see it rise from left to right.

Here's a PSA authenticated example that shows the angle I'm talking about:

cameron_zps4c8aeaaa.jpg

As you can see, the slant, all letter formations and the overall signature on the poster looks nothing like authentic James Cameron autographs.

Here is another picture featuring signatures on the poster:

BorlngmkKGrHqQH-CwEuYw1oB-IBLoCcP-g.jpg

Here is what Michelle Rodriguez' signature looks like from a private signing:

Autographed-Michelle%20Rodriguez%20Autographed%20Resident%20Evil%20Zombie%20Photo-Memorabilia__6719_L_ImageProcessor.jpg

There isn't even a signature on the poster that looks like that. I'm guessing maybe they're passing off that mess in the top left as her's.

Back