Top 5 Sideshow SW Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ndname

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to start collecting these Sideshow Star Wars figures and would like to know what are your top 5 Sideshow Star Wars figures. Kinda get a general feeling on what to look forward in purchasing and which figures I should avoid.

I know for sure that I would want to start with Darth Maul and Anakin-Sith figures.

My top 5
1: Jedi Luke - despite his flaws, I still love this figure. Favorite exclusive as well.
2: AOTC Obi-Wan - just well done all around, didn't think I'd like it as much as I do
3: Chancellor Palpatine (from 2 pack) Great looking figure that displays well
4: Anakin - again, like Luke despite the flaws, he just looks cool.
5: Darth Maul - he might look tired, but he still is just awesome.

Ben is quite good, but I'm on the fence about the Emperor. The price isn't sitting well with me. I like the throne better than I do the Emperor himself.

The price is the only qualm I have about the Emperor... I think he's about $15 overpriced (the EX, anyway) but still a great figure.

Oh, the Clone Troopers are also nice by all accounts... I know some of the older ones have problems with weak ankle joints, but the new 501st trooper is looking quite nice.

Yeah but you like Anakin:monkey3

I know, Lipstick lips, arm falling off and all! Probably more because it was the first PT Jedi, and when on display it was very impressive. I loved the leather belt, the pouches, the covertec clip, the tabbards looked great, the robe was nice. Just all in all such an improvement over Hasbro and really represented what I was hoping for from Sideshow. ( of course a repaint of the head does wonders.)

Old Ben
Luke/Han Stormtrooper
Clone Kenobi
Emperor
Lando

and soon
Commander Cody

I'm checking out some reviews of the figures you guys have mentioned and I do have to agree those are all top notch figures. Are there anything that I should be watching out for when getting these? What's considered a fair price for these nowadays? I know that for most of the figs I will have to tap into the 2nd hand market.

Also, what are your guys' thoughts on Bespin Han Solo? If I get the VI Luke, I will need a Han Solo and possibly a Leia.

Last edited:
Old Ben
Luke/Han Stormtrooper
Ex. Emperor
Lando
Sandies

IMO Kit and Maul aren't too far behind.

When you guys say Emperor, are you guys talking about the 2 pack or just the regular $90 bucks single version of him? Any differences in the 2 pack versus the single version?

The EP6 Luke is the one with the black outfit correct?

When you guys say Emperor, are you guys talking about the 2 pack or just the regular $90 bucks single version of him? Any differences in the 2 pack versus the single version?
Seriously?
C'mon man, we don't need to do everything for you. IF you're a SW fan these are easy questions that can be answered with a simple search.

Actually all 4 head sculpts for Palpaltine are equally good IMO.

The recent Emperor Palpatine release seems to be better received, I guess much due to more OT fans out there.

Back