New Custom SALLAH Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured I'd start a new thread so Vartal's wasn't taken up...

So hopefully whoever is left in this section who has an interest in building a Sallah will participate.

Beyond a sculpt, here's a list of what's needed:

Tunic - possible two parts: shirt + skirt
Sash
Vest
Work Boots
Shovel
Rope
Torch

Not too much to source really.

For those that care, Sallah's full name is: Sallah Mohammed Faisel el-Kahir

here's the option I'm going with on the sculpt:

Sallah is done kids :blissy

I have done the sculpt to allow people to use real fabric, of their choosing , for the hanging parts , as a sculpted piece restricted the pose-ability of the head .

Thanks for being patient ..." I told you it would be alright ! "
:snake :snake :snake

He will be up on the 1/6th head order page that I am working on . There will be a Crusade Version coming also down the road .

When I am ready to take orders , I will let everyone know in this post , so simply watch this thread for updates on being able to accept orders .

sallah head.jpg

sallahhold.jpg

sallahside.jpg

Russ

And here's a top of tunic idea:

I actually just logged on to mention something pretty similar. :duff

I would love to have Sallah in his Raiders garb on the shelf. Really miffed SSC didn't get to him as they seem to do wonders with robbed figures. Both sculpts looks great, btw!

Anyway I dug this old shirt out of the parts bin, 99% sure it's from Sideshow's General Grant:

sallahwip.jpg

Remove the pocket, collar, and cuffs and then find some matching material to make the "skirt" half. Dye it all together and cover the seam with the sash.

I've already killed the pocket and the cuffs. Waiting to do the collar for when I have more time.

sallahwip1.jpg

Last edited:
Would Obi-Wan inner robes work for this?
Good thread, WG. Keeping abreast of this one!

I thought about the Old Ben Hasbro inner robe and it could work BUT Sallah's is more like a large nightshirt, not a robe (no split). But you could get away with it.

I like the idea Mando showed above of using the correct "shirt" and then making a matching "skirt" and hiding the connection with the wiast sash.

As for accessories, torch, shovel, rope.... The 3 3/4" figure had boots similar to Indy's and pants under the robe that gather at the bottom, assuming of course that the figure is accurate.

I've never tried a bash before, but this one seems pretty doable even with my fairly limited skill set.

I'm in! :whip

Heck, if Sideshow won't make him, I really don't have any choice, now do I? :dunno

:wink1:

Dig the new thread instead of us cluttering Vartal's.
icon14.gif

I haven't had a chance to go match the fabric yet but hopefully later on in the week. I did pull out the hasbro figure to have a better look at Sallah in 3D, so to speak. I think the vest is actually going to be the trickier piece to pull off.

As far as accessories go I agree that a shovel and torch pretty much cover him. Rope would look great too. I found an AT Joe pick axe in the parts tub but I don't recall Sallah using one.

Sallah did use a "pry bar" though to open the Well of Souls. Not an interesting accessory really. Shovel is better for the "best digger in Cairo"... not that that is a very exciting title.

Still, it's cooler than "biggest Toht fan on SSF" :huh

I know I have a 1/6th crowbar that came with some Swat team tool kit but a shovel and torch would be good enough.

Didn't TA commission a run of torches, both unlit and lit?

Yeah, it does.... I need to try a little mix and match with the Becker gear I picked up months ago.... You know, the stuff that took me half a year to take photos of. :ohbfrank:

Yeah, it does.... I need to try a little mix and match with the Becker gear I picked up months ago.... You know, the stuff that took me half a year to take photos of. :ohbfrank:

I know, I have Becker myself sitting in a box for the last 5 weeks. :slap

Here's a pic of the torch:

indiana-jones-raiders-marion.jpg

Could probably use real twigs and wrap some twine...authentic.

Back