Return of the Helms are now a reality!!! New 1:4 Helms from Weta on post 99

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Will you be interested in having Sideshow/Weta complete their LOTR Helm collection? I own all of them including the rarest, but my collection is seriously crippled with to the lack of the Uruk-Hai Swordsman Helm, that shinny silver colored Helm probably the most distictive of all the Uruk-Hai helms, that was seriously neglected and never done for reasons unknown to me. There are other hemls missing like the SkullyOrc Helm and several crowns like the one from Elrond too.

While Weta is busy doing environments and shields, I really wish Sideshow the creator of the Gondorian Helm Collection complete their LOTR Helm line. But it seems that will require serious support from forums like this to raise their interest.

Last edited:
Re: Return of the Helms

But they're made by Weta, and Sideshow and Weta don't have a partnership anymore. If you really want them, Weta would be the people to ask :lecture

I'm all for it if weta makes them...at least makes them the same size as they did when it was ssweta...as long as they aren't as small as the tiny shields.

i have the entire set. i would like more but they would have to be in scale with the others and have the same display pedastals. i thought Weta was going to add some circlets and tiaras to the helm series? they had pictures at one time. what ever happened to those?

I have all the helms and would like to see more as long as they are in the same scale. I don't really care if the display pedestals are the same or not.

I love my set, they are well made. I was never crazy about the chess piece pedestal, but uniformity would be nice. I would buy more if weta makes them. I am missing the witchking helm... yeah, good luck, but I'm okay without that grail piece.

But they're made by Weta, and Sideshow and Weta don't have a partnership anymore. If you really want them, Weta would be the people to ask :lecture

How come Sideshows was the last company to produce Helms then? I refer to the Gondorian Helm Collection. Weta does not even have them listed at their wetanz.com site.
Tell us what you know about the LOTR license Frodo Eyes, as Sideshow is still making LOTR dioramas it is not out of order to think they could do a few more helms now.

How come Sideshows was the last company to produce Helms then? I refer to the Gondorian Helm Collection. Weta does not even have them listed at their wetanz.com site.
Tell us what you know about the LOTR license Frodo Eyes, as Sideshow is still making LOTR dioramas it is not out of order to think they could do a few more helms now.

The Gondorian helms are part of the SSW partnership. Weta made them, Sideshow distributed them. They're not listed on Weta's website purely by mistake, there's a few other things they haven't got listed.
So, yeah, Sideshow have never made helms, and don't have the license rights for it. I don't even know if anyone does at the moment. :dunno

Gosh, I was building some hope on Sideshow as Weta just oppened the possibility of a return in their helm line and later altogether forgot about the subject. :slap

Last edited:

People call it Skully-Helm.

3443bb57f135cbf3277c67312de400c8.jpg

But the one is really missing is the Uruk-Hai helm used on the Battle of Helms Deep

Last edited:

i'd like them to do orc helms that are easily recognizable from the films. most of the ones we got i can't find on screen no matter how hard i look.

Yes it looks the same, except for for the color. Maybe somebody that read the books could tell us if is the same or not?

Yes it looks the same, except for for the color. Maybe somebody that read the books could tell us if is the same or not?

I don't think it's mentioned in the book. Tolkien was always vague about his drscriptions of characters and the way they dressed, it was mostly up to the imagination, a job that Weta was up for when they designed the armour :rock

I was slow to start collecting these so missed the early offerings, but the line seriously peeved me when the gondor helms (my favourite in the saga) where made near impossible & too costly (at the time for me) to get... I stayed with them to get Sauron then let them slide.

I do luv these helms & would like more, but the would have to be same size materials & styles (as in stands)

Now is the time to support the return of the helms, the collectors book recently published by Weta has tremendous amount of unproduced items. Weta has 2 crowns and 3 Uruk Helms ready to go! The plan is to show Weta that we will love to see helms produced again.
Just take a look at the thread "Unreleased products from 2011 Collector's Guide" in the Weta section of the Shadow and Flame forum!

Back