Michael Jackson Billie Jean action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Michael Jackson fans will be happy to see an affordable alternative to the Hot Toys Michael Jackson figures - Playmates new 10" versions! I'm doing an early review of the Billie Jean version, and while it has a few issues, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. Customizers may be particularly interested in checking out the smaller scale body that might work well for kid figures in sixth scale.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Nice review. What I don't like about this figure is that the scale is in the middle of nowhere, they should have gone all the way to the 12", but then again costs might have driven up. Anyways, I'm not buying it, if it were 12" I might have picked it up for a bash :p .

Didn't Mezco release Warrior's figures in this scale as well? So maybe not completely out of left field, but still an odd choice.

Have to admit though... it looks pretty impressive in your photos. I'm surprised to see such a high quality looking basebody on what I assumed was going to be a "throw away" figure. Not something I'd want to buy, but still impressed with the overall quality.

icon_w00t.gif
These are out? When? Where?

*EDIT*: Nice review Michael. Im really diggin' the look of the figure in the box, really EPIC. When I get mine, I doubt ill take him out!

I recall some people saying this figure has some Janet resemblance. I definitely see it in this pic....Think young Janet, "Good Times"-"Control" era!
review_bjmj_3.jpg

Last edited:
Nice review. Looks like a cheap, cartoony looking head on a decent body and outfit. Too bad it's on the short side, I don't currently have any desire to bash a fig of a kid.

They've got plans for at least 4 versions of Michael, so the body isn't a throw away. However, I'm also hoping we see Playmates utilze it on a wider scale, for some other licenses now that they have it.

Yes!!! :yes:
I saw them @ SDCC and look pretty good, for the price and scale specially!
The Billie Jean one is definitely better than the Thriller one...
I'll have to check it out!!

Michael, regarding this comment:
American collectors may be confused by all the Jackson focus out there these days

Why would people be confused about it?
Unless they live under a rock, everybody knows MJ died last year...
:dunno...

Well not every American loves Michael as you do Kuzeh. The rest of the world however adores him.

Back