Possible SDCC Star Wars 12" Fig Exclusive...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlyAndFight

©Fly, All rights reserved
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I know it's still a long way aways and the consensus appears to be a "Sith-eyed Anakin" but I think I may have another possibility which I've got mixed emotions on...

Endor Luke -With the addition of another infamous "poncho" plus a helmet.

The mixed feelings here is that while it would make for an easy exclusive piece for Sideshow and allow many who missed out on the original Luke to obtain one, it would hurt the "exclusivity" of the original release.

Please share any other possible suggestions here.

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier today when I watched "Empire of Dreams" again. Once it got to the making of Jedi, I saw Luke and thought that it could be a cool exclusive. But I wonder how hard it would be to do the helmet. They would probably have to do another head sculpt... so that hurts it's chances.

Still a good idea though...

I don't think it would be that especially if the Poncho is part of it being that they did the poncho with the PF piece.

Did someone say poncho?

otter_pop.jpg

They said it won't be a Luke or Han variant. It will be a variant of an existing charactar made (this was announced after Han). That only leave Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Kit. Take your pick.

FlyAndFight said:
Ok, I know it's still a long way aways and the consensus appears to be a "Sith-eyed Anakin" but I think I may have another possibility which I've got mixed emotions on...

Endor Luke -With the addition of another infamous "poncho" plus a helmet.

The mixed feelings here is that while it would make for an easy exclusive piece for Sideshow and allow many who missed out on the original Luke to obtain one, it would hurt the "exclusivity" of the original release.

Please share any other possible suggestions here.

Yeah, so maybe not SDCC, but I remember reading somewhere that an Endor poncho Luke might be released as an exclusive at some point. Perhaps that was when they were scrambling to replace Kit as the SDCC exclusive figure and perhaps they've since nixed it, but it shows he's on their radar and you're thinking along their lines.

Personally I just got a loose Hasbro Luke with Speeder Bike from eBay specificly for my SS Luke to ride. I'll see if the poncho looks ok, but I doubt the helmet will look right... :(

gdb said:
Yeah, so maybe not SDCC, but I remember reading somewhere that an Endor poncho Luke might be released as an exclusive at some point. Perhaps that was when they were scrambling to replace Kit as the SDCC exclusive figure and perhaps they've since nixed it, but it shows he's on their radar and you're thinking along their lines.

Personally I just got a loose Hasbro Luke with Speeder Bike from eBay specificly for my SS Luke to ride. I'll see if the poncho looks ok, but I doubt the helmet will look right... :(

More likely is a Endo Poncho and Helmet accessory pack or carded item, SSC is looking into doing carded accessories which would be great and sell well.

Remember Leia can't be far, far away and it makes that much more sense.

pjam said:
More likely is a Endo Poncho and Helmet accessory pack or carded item, SSC is looking into doing carded accessories which would be great and sell well.

Remember Leia can't be far, far away and it makes that much more sense.

there is no way a helmet could fit over luke's hair and look good. to do an endor luke, sideshow will have to resculpt the hair, or make a head with removable hair, like dragon's barbarian figures.

I dunno want the odds of this are, probably slim, but it did occur to me earlier... The sith are coming. We have Maul, Dooku, and Sidious as contenders. Vader is out because they said armoured characters would come later. But pre-suit Vader might be possible, so the exclusive could be the burned robes. I know nothing about SDCC exclusives so I could be way off on this. I was just thinking, people might be mad about missing a sith eyes Anakin, of course whether that stops sideshow or not I don't know that it will or that it should.

To me, Sith Eyes Anakin is a good choice precisely because he could be packaged as an entry in the Sith line, and referred to as Darth Vader. I'm not a big fan of multiple versions of the same character, but this would be a nice exception. It would be nice to have both pre- and post-duel versions. The current Anakin can be posed in a duel with Obi-Wan, but technically he is an entry in the Jedi line and should be considered a good guy. I would like to see the burnt robes as well, just to differentiate it a little more from the regular Anakin.

tomandshell said:
To me, Sith Eyes Anakin is a good choice precisely because he could be packaged as an entry in the Sith line, and referred to as Darth Vader. I'm not a big fan of multiple versions of the same character, but this would be a nice exception. It would be nice to have both pre- and post-duel versions. The current Anakin can be posed in a duel with Obi-Wan, but technically he is an entry in the Jedi line and should be considered a good guy. I would like to see the burnt robes as well, just to differentiate it a little more from the regular Anakin.

And if he came with removable limbs and scalp to create LAVA VADER, that would be a good differentiation, yes? :naughty

I just hope I will be lucky enough to get the SDCC exclusive. I know they only hold back a small percentage for non-attendees.

tomandshell said:

Yeah, I'd like to see that as well. Actually, what I'd really like to see is a Mustafar Anakin/Obi 2 pack.

They have the Black Knight technology - we could get a "low ground" crispy Anakin with removable legs...

So hear this, Sideshow: We want an Anakin with removable legs and left arm, with two swappable heads--one with Sith Eyes, and one extra crispy.

I wouldn't mind picking that one up at SDCC.

Back