Sideshow Jedi Luke, GG Darth Vader reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's an all Star Wars night tonight at MROTW, starting with a very, very anticipated figure - the new 12" Jedi Luke Skywalker from Sideshow Collectibles. This is the first figure from their new 12" line based on the Star Wars universe, and people have been debating it endlessly long before it ever hit their hands. Now we get to see how it really turned out - and I'm very happy with the results. I must admit that I was worried, but once I had him in hand and could see it for myself, I saw the exceptional job they've done. This bodes extremely well for the rest of the line, and I'm awfully glad I've been getting my preorders in. I'm awfully glad Sideshow hit a home run too. It's not a perfect figure, more of an inside the park home run, and I point out the flaws that kept it from a full four star score. But considering it's the first in this license, they've done a great job.

The guest review is from Dan Levine, and covers another high end Star Wars item - the Gentle Giant Darth Vader statue. You can check out all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

If someone's going to guest review, they should at least have the ability to take somewhat decent pictures. Some of your guests do, but not tonight.

Nice Luke review, though.

Good review on the Luke figure Michael. I just did one myself last night for a a site I post on. Hoping it will get up in a day or so once I get these new pics sent off to the person putting the whole thing together.

Great reviews Michael. I always like reading yuor reviews when it's for something I already have. Sort of like reading about your favorite movie.

A bit of issue with the hilts: I spent an agonizing five minutes looking for the D-ring at the end of my hilt when it fell off. Also, have you any advice on how to keep the bottom of the cape from fraying? Is there a chemical or glue i can use?

Collector Freak said:
If someone's going to guest review, they should at least have the ability to take somewhat decent pictures.

Or at least get the MSRP correct. ;)

Your Luke review is excellent, Michael, but the guy doing the Vader review literally has no idea what he's talking about. I understand he's a "newbie" statue collector, but he should at least do a bit of research before writing a review of that sort.

Edit: You just posted above me that the only requirement for doing a review on your site is to submit one, so don't take my comments about the guest reviewer against you.

Michael Crawford said:
Merely the desire to do it. There is a guide on my site though, if you are looking for some pointers.

Awesome!! Gonna have to save that to aid me as I do these a little more for another site.

Michael Crawford said:
It's an all Star Wars night tonight at MROTW, starting with a very, very anticipated figure - the new 12" Jedi Luke Skywalker from Sideshow Collectibles. This is the first figure from their new 12" line based on the Star Wars universe, and people have been debating it endlessly long before it ever hit their hands. Now we get to see how it really turned out - and I'm very happy with the results. I must admit that I was worried, but once I had him in hand and could see it for myself, I saw the exceptional job they've done. This bodes extremely well for the rest of the line, and I'm awfully glad I've been getting my preorders in. I'm awfully glad Sideshow hit a home run too. It's not a perfect figure, more of an inside the park home run, and I point out the flaws that kept it from a full four star score. But considering it's the first in this license, they've done a great job.

The guest review is from Dan Levine, and covers another high end Star Wars item - the Gentle Giant Darth Vader statue. You can check out all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great review Michael, I actually posted your review on a thread a bit earlier to share your excellent pics with my fellow boarders but didn't realize you post your own reviews, so please excuse my exuberance!

Those pics are great Michael - I can now see what everyone is saying that it's much better in person.

Great review Michael. I agree with it almost entirely. The only thing I disagree with is the size of the head. Even with the tunic on it's still a tad too big IMO. I agree that the thickness of the fabric would be bigger in 1/6 scale and could make the head appear too tiny fully clothed but having compared Sideshow's Luke in tunic with Hamill while watching Return of the Jedi, the head to body proportions don't match up 100% with the actor.
It's still a great figure that I'm very happy with.

Awsome review. I highly appreciate it being an 'honest' one, where things you actually do not like are pointed out. Also, the pics are awsome - especially looking at the quality of the cloak.

Hard to believe I have owned Luke now for two full days and have still not opened him! :horror

I dunno, I just love looking at him in the package. He'll be freed, just not this weekend!

Thanks again for the site reviews, MC. I love your site.

After seeing my Luke in person, my brother now wants one of his own. Does anyone know a place that has Luke available to order besides eBay? Any help would be great.

PS Great Review MWC!

awesome review. those pics are making me sooo jealous, i want my Luke! :(

Just out of curiosity, do you guys display your 12" figs behind glass cases or just out in the open?

Buttmunch said:
After seeing my Luke in person, my brother now wants one of his own. Does anyone know a place that has Luke available to order besides eBay? Any help would be great.

PS Great Review MWC!

Luke is sold out on the web and everywhere else, best bet eBay or get on a waiting list. He will probably be in stores and comic shops so you may want to try there too when reg Luke ships.

Back