Star Wars On Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoLast

Super Freak
Reaction score
Star Wars Blu-Ray set could be in the works

This has come from Steve Sansweet, so this seems like it could be true

During a panel at the C2E2 comic convention in Chicago, Steve Sansweet, Lucasfilm's Director of Content Management and Head of

Fan Relations, stated that the company has been working on a Star Wars Blu-ray set. "We have been at work for a couple of years working on—I won't call it the Ultimate Set because we keep finding stuff—but, a very full set of all six movies on Blu-ray with lots of extra material", said Sansweet.

Sansweet didn't give a date, but he said " it won't be in the too distant future."

The Digital Bits, quoting industry sources, says that Lucasfilm "tentatively plans the official Blu-ray release to happen in October 2011." Obviously, with the Alien Anthology coming later this year, a 2010 release of Star Wars can be safely ruled out, and considering that A New Hope opened theatrically in May 1977, late 2011 would be a natural choice for a 35th Anniversary Edition Anthology.
https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4461

Re: Star Wars Blu-Ray set could be in the works

I heard rumblings that lucas was going to change the reveal of vader in ROTJ from Shaw to an aged Christensen -- shoot me now if this is true.

I heard rumblings that lucas was going to change the reveal of vader in ROTJ from Shaw to an aged Christensen -- shoot me now if this is true.

Don't forget about candy-coating the Storm Troopers to match up with the PT. ;)

Wowee.........

Is he planning Special Editions for the PT at all? I'm curious to see if he can possibly squeeze more s#$% into a single shot.

I agree...we need these now!

I would pay an exorbitant sum for this set if it included a decent transfer of the untouched OT as an "extra." Doesn't even need to be in HD, just anamorphic. Plenty of room on those Blu-Ray discs to throw us a bone, but I'm not expecting anything.

Wowee.........

Is he planning Special Editions for the PT at all? I'm curious to see if he can possibly squeeze more s#$% into a single shot.

I'd settle for cleaning up the digital aspects a bit more to blend with the live-action.

And Greedo will probably STILL shoot first.

Either way, I'll wait until an "ultimate" set comes out on BD. Right now we'll get the so-called best version, and then in a couple years we'll get the "big bad awesome" one like they do with stuff nowadays.

I would pay an exorbitant sum for this set if it included a decent transfer of the untouched OT as an "extra." Doesn't even need to be in HD, just anamorphic. Plenty of room on those Blu-Ray discs to throw us a bone, but I'm not expecting anything.

Same here but I don't have high expectations alas...

And Greedo will probably STILL shoot first.

Either way, I'll wait until an "ultimate" set comes out on BD. Right now we'll get the so-called best version, and then in a couple years we'll get the "big bad awesome" one like they do with stuff nowadays.

It's going to be a branching set. The title menu will be in a choose your own adventure style. You set if you want Greedo to shoot first or not, then you choose whether or not Jabba shows up, then you choose who you want to voice the Stormtroopers.

Everybody wins!!

The only problem is, you have to take a 5 minute questionnaire before you watch the movie

This is great news....although it was gonna happen one day. I wouldn't mind the Original Theatrical versions (with no CG) + the special editions with the added CG. They would both be on 1 blu ray for each film. Then a bonus disc full of all the special features to date plus any new ones ther producing spread over 1-2 discs, owh and in HD as well.

It's a shame that GL doesn't share the same feeling for the original releases in its original cut as the fanbase. This is probably the one area where GL intentionally chooses not to make money where he so easily can.

He also has the opportunity to improve the OT as well.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Full digital Yoda, Shaw completely replaced with Hayden, all the special effects shots replaced with digital replicas (Yavin, Hoth, etc), and candy-coated Troopers FTW! :lol:monkey4

I would be content if he went in and just made all the digital crap look less digital and more realistic.

It's a shame that GL doesn't share the same feeling for the original releases in its original cut as the fanbase. This is probably the one area where GL intentionally chooses not to make money where he so easily can.

I guess you gotta applaud the man for being stubborn and sticking to his guns about his "vision":rolleyes:

Back