Bioshock: Infinite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
:yess: :yess: :yess:

https://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/...ioShock-Infinite-Reveal-Trailer-Released.html

The mystery of Project Icarus has finally been solved, as Ken Levine and his team at Irrational Games, the mad geniuses behind BioShock (when they were formerly known as 2K_Boston), have unveiled their next gorgeously detailed and delightfully terrifying endeavor, BioShock Infinite.

The game is set in 1912, and takes place aboard, if that’s the right word, flying city of Columbia, which looks to be the spiritual and philosophical antithesis to Andrew Ryan’s failed underwater utopia of Rapture. Players assume the role of former Pinkerton agent Booker DeWitt, who has been tasked with tracking down the telekinetically gifted Elizabeth, the figure at the heart of the overarching conflict tearing Columbia apart.

BioShock Infinite is set for release in 2012 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

I was pretty dissapointed with bioshock 2. Seemed rushed, pieced together just to make some money off the original's success.

Hopefully this is better.

Second game was a blast. Better than the first IMO so I'm glad to see more coming from this series.

Lookin good.

Second game was a blast. Better than the first IMO so I'm glad to see more coming from this series.

The gameplay was great but the story, atmosphere, and characters didn't come close to the original.

Andrew Ryan is not someone I'll be forgetting anytime soon, as opposed the female villain in 2 who I really have forgotten.

While I LOVED Bioshock 2, it didn't come close to the love that I felt for the first one.

I am super excited for this new game, that trailer is beautiful!! :love

Bioshock 2 felt so similar to Bioshock 1 IMO, but maybe thats a good thing to some people I guess.

Yeah, this looks pretty cool. Although I'm curious about the development time, it's been almost 3 years already, so by the time it comes it it'll be like 5 years, that's a really long time to be developing a game these days, especially after successfully making games for this generation (already having the experience). Sounds like either it's a very complex game with a lot of content or there's a lot of stuff they didn't tell us about it.

Either way, it looks like a good way to go.

The gameplay was great but the story, atmosphere, and characters didn't come close to the original.

Andrew Ryan is not someone I'll be forgetting anytime soon, as opposed the female villain in 2 who I really have forgotten.

I guess. I really liked the story in 2. Just thought the game play and graphics of 2 made it better than 1.

I never played Bioshock 2 'cause of its bad reviews. :( Should've given it a chance but oh well. Infinite sounds cool. :)

I never played Bioshock 2 'cause of its bad reviews. :( Should've given it a chance but oh well. Infinite sounds cool. :)
If you didn't play it 'cause of reviews, you're really depriving yourself of an amazing game. Totally on par with the first one.

Sounds awesome. I still need to play BS2 but I've been putting off getting it because of so many cool figures and such. I'm not sure how I feel abot this one taking place in the sky though but it looks interesting.

Last edited:
If you didn't play it 'cause of reviews, you're really depriving yourself of an amazing game. Totally on par with the first one.
Well I heard it kind of sours the experience of the first one and I looooved Bioshock. I wouldn't want to taint it.

Most of the reviews I've heard and read are fairly positive. The only real negatives I heard is most say it's not as good as the first but still a good game.

A little off topic but I still hope HT get this license. Imagine a Big Daddy with LED "eyes" with interchangable yellow,green and red lenses and a Little Sister accessory figure with LED eyes :drool

2 is definately worth a play.

You can't exactly fault anyone for 2, we all wanted more Rapture, and a prequel set in Rapture wouldn't have worked imo.

It was just that tho, a sequel, this will be it's own new thing so I'm really expecting something differant. Not just an Andrew Ryan story of paradise in the sky.

Watched the trailer a 2nd time, really digging the vibe so far, I wonder if there will be any sort of splicing/powers? The mechanical thing crushing the big daddy statue in the beginning was also pretty cool, looks like they will be fairly threatening.

Back