Lightsaber Color

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Kustomizer

Super Freak
Reaction score
This topic may have been posted before but I don't remember seeing it so I thought I would throw it out there for discussion.

Is anyone else bothered by the color and the look of the actual saber blade?

By that I mean this, the blade just looks cloudy to me. Honestly I think Hasbro just really got me hooked on that richer more jello like dark colors than this milky look that the Jedi blades from Sideshow seem to show.

I have looked at some of the most recent shots of Luke and his blade and it just looks odd to me with that milky like green look to the blade.

Maybe it is just me!

Its closer to the color in the films than those Hasbro "jello" blades... but its still a long way from looking film accurate. Don't know how you'd ever get it to look right without a light-up conversion. The hilt looks great.

They look right to me.

You have to understand in the movies they are all white blades, the color you see it a glow. Can't really sculpt glow. I like them.

I think it looks marvelous. with the Hasbro blades, I always sprayed clear matte acrylic on them and then drybrushed on some silver. Gave it a nice shean.

I think it works a lot better than the Hasbro ones. I think we've just about done everything we can with lightsabers besides just having them light up. And then it would come down to whether you wanted a film accurate hilt or a light up saber....

They look fine... I can't wait to inspect it up close and in person. Tomorrow can't come fast enough! :D

Seeing it in person, the slight opaqueness of the blade actually captures light and makes it glow quite nicely. It's not super bright, or anything, but it is vibrant.

I dunno, the one I have looks pretty darn sharp - special 'shout out' has to go to my Jedi Luke lightsaber handle too - that thing looks just awsome with the excellent paint detailing.

I never thought I would collect 1:6 scale Star Wars figs again, but never say.... (never thought I would ever call 12"ers 1:6 scalers, but hey, Sideshow's earned it :D

Speaking of the hilt, how is it supposed to hang on his belt. The way it looks like it should go, doesn't hang very well because the button is kinda in the way.

Buttmunch said:
Speaking of the hilt, how is it supposed to hang on his belt. The way it looks like it should go, doesn't hang very well because the button is kinda in the way.

It falls off pretty easily, yeah. But that's the way.:D

Can't say for sure since I haven't gotten my Luke yet (Why did I wait until Han to start ordering all my figs through Sideshow? Why gods, why?) but I'm gonna have to say SS looks better. I always hated the way Hasbro made the green sabers look; they always seemed way too yellow. Ever since the Power of the Force 3 3/4 figs back in the late nineties I've wanted a Jedi Luke that didn't have a yellow saber, and it looks like I'll finally get my wish (not to mention a good Jedi Luke period).

Bottom line is I think Hasbro's translucent plastic always looked off somehow. The more solid, opaque colors look better.

Darklord Dave said:
Since the saber ACTUALLY IGNITES isn't this a moot point anyway?

....well?:monkey1

NO photoshopping.

sscjediluke19uc.jpg

I'm completely happy with Luke's lightsaber. It is slightly transparent in person. And I think the color is 100% accurate.

Is anyone else bothered by the color and the look of the actual saber blade?

Yes, I've already lost 2 nights sleep. I'm going to have to see speak with my doctor and Sideshow. :D

Eric

Seriously though, I think it's fine. It's impossible to capture pure light in the form of plastic. They did the best they could.

Customikey said:
NO photoshopping.

sscjediluke19uc.jpg

Yeah, I was quite shocked by this when I got him. The plastic they used catches light rather well, giving the illusion of an ignited blade if the light hits it just right. Very good work.

Be careful of the bottom of the hilt, it tends to pop off....

Back