Ron Bust from Gentle Giant

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammet

Freakalicious
Reaction score
ronweasley7299934lx.jpg

Ron is all decked out in his Dress Robes for the Yule Ball from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. However, for all you HP fans, you’ll have to wait a little longer to hold him in your hot little hands as Ron is not scheduled to be released until the end of the year. But he will be on display at the conventions that Gentle Giant attends this summer, so come on by and check him out.

Ron looks cool, but I am a little bummed that Ron and Hermione aren't in their normal robes like Harry. I hope when they do the full-size figures, they choose to have them in the robes, as that is the most iconic potter outfit for me!

I know what you mean, the likeness on this one is great (from what i can see in this pic), but i can't help being a tiny bit dissapointed.
Of course, Ron in his Yule Ball robes is funny and cute, but it doesn't really fit in with Harry and Hermione, who are both from PoA and and wear regular outfits (normal clothes/ school robes), i would have loved it if they had him wear his school robes or normal clothes (a maroon "R" shirt would even be cool ;) )

Also, what's up with the pose? it's funny in a way, but also a bit odd, i wonder who came up with that idea :p

But overall, i'm nitpicking.. the likeness is again spot on, and seeing as he's my favorite character i won't doubt a sec and buy it as soon as it's released.

Also can't wait to see better pictures (without that annoying logo)

better pics would be great!!! I am waiting to see the full-size figures after a friend said he saw them at a convention, but someone also said they saw a a statue gentle giant had made of Will Ferrel from Old School doing the ribbon dance routine, and I would gladly be dragged through broken glass to get that!!!

I don't collect this line, but that's an excellent likeness of Ron. I can see why people would prefer him in the Hogwarts robes though.

Since Harry is in his robes and Hermione is in muggle clothes I think Ron in his dress robes is fine. And he looks spot-on. How can GG be so great with this line and turn out stuff like the Beast from X3? I'm not complaining though - I just hope they can keep churning out great HP stuff.

It's been said that the full size trio busts aren't planned for release but were just tests. I hope they reconsider given how well the line is doing. although I don't know that I want full size statues from this line.

I don't mind the funky robes, but his face should be reacting to them and it's not. His hand is holding them up like he's thinking, "Eeewwwwww," but his face doesn't seem to match the pose.

I like it! Like that all 3 kids are in different clothes reflecting the various parts of their experiences/lives. I've got all the others either in hand or on pre-order so this is a no-brainer for me.:woo

GG has outdone itself with this line of minibusts.

I guess the diversity of dress does count for something, in terms of showing their maturation, and different experiences...

I love these busts, but would love to get the three of Harry, Hermione and Ron as statues. Other than that, keep the rest coming as busts!

Seaward said:
I guess the diversity of dress does count for something, in terms of showing their maturation, and different experiences...

I love these busts, but would love to get the three of Harry, Hermione and Ron as statues. Other than that, keep the rest coming as busts!

I liked the statues when I saw them last year at SDCC, but unfortunately I was told later that these were made for display purposes and were not planned for actual release. I doubt that we will be seeing them anytime soon.

I think this outfit also has to do with keeping the line interesting, a Yule Ball Ron probably will sell better than let's say.. a PoA maroon jumper Ron.
Seeing as the outfit is more.. memorable.
I did think they might go for this outfit, but thought the pose would be different if they did.

I'm hoping this line will keep going strong (and stay as good as it is) so we can get all of them in several outfits

Here's a pic to compare btw, i must say GG did a great job on the clothes, it looks pretty complicated

For me with certain lines, I think it is cool to mix and match busts and statues, though. I always liked when principle characters are made available as full figures, and busts are a nice way to get some second or third tier characters that wouldn't be supported as full size pieces. An example of this twisted logic for me are some of the GG Star Wars offerings. Darth Vader is a must as a statue, but Gamorrean Guard is just fine being a bust.

I really do hope that as the Potter line continues, they can work in some characters that may be somewhat secondary, as Neville has grown on me with each film!

Look at the picture in Sammet's post. That is the expression that Ron should be making while wearing that getup! The facial sculpt in the bust is accurate to the actor's appearance, but not quite a perfect emotional match for that part of the film.

Actually, that pic had me looking back at the bust to see if he looked as hangdog as Rupert does in that photo!

I like the pose but would be happier if it was in school robes.

I also like the expression and that part of part 4. 'Murder me Harry':rolleyes:

This is a no brainer this one has to be in my collection.

The HP busts from GG are outstanding and the more they add, the more I'll buy...

I'm also going to break out of my 'bust box' and purchase the Hungarian Horntail Statue.

Keep 'em coming GG!

Great sculpt...BUT...I would like a Harry, Ron and Hermione from the same film. This Ron is much older than the Harry we have, and I'd like at least one set from the same film at some point.

Still, I'm hopeful the line lasts long enough to get us there, and I do like this choice of outfits.

Back