HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotfish

How does the wind ever get in here?
CF Supporter
Reaction score
2820pvo.png

This is a thread idea that EndIessRAlN and I came up with. In the style of the "I like Berserker Predator" thread, this is the place for people who love (and still do) the original HT Predators and Aliens from the first AVP film.
These figures had a lot to set them apart from the later ones. Bendable dreadlocks, which while a pain at times, gave control of dynamic hair posing :). Bendy hands, something that only the Xeno's have nowadays, were also included with the Preds. Not to mention the hulking height and bulk these particular hunters seem to have over others.
It's time we get a thread entirely devoted to all things HT AVP. Whether it's by discussing mods, posting pictures, or remembering how you tracked one down, give some love to the ones that started it all.​

Last edited:
does this mean everyone who doesn't have a pathological need to justify what they paid for these turds can make a "AVP figures suck and the newer figures are better in every way" thread?

or can we just post in here?

What's your problem? Not everyone hates them, and there's nothing wrong with collecting them. There's obviously still a huge market and desire to own these, and they're not even bad. I'm not saying these are better than others; they're just another release. Some like these, some don't. By all means, start an HT AVP hate thread if you want. But believe me, these figures are still alive and kicking, like it or not. We've got a bunch of threads dedicated to the P1, a bunch to Predators, and a bunch to P2. So here's one for AVP. Simple as that.

i dunno, i don't think the mods like it when we start posting a bunch of related threads. maybe i should keep posting in here.

i dunno, i don't think the mods like it when we start posting a bunch of related threads. maybe i should keep posting in here.

No offense but I would like you to NOT post in here, like Blade said some people like them, so don't. This thread clearly doesn't fit your opinion towards AVP. I respect your opinion but don't post in this thread if you don't like AVP.

:peace:exactly::goodpost:

Ignore them Blade, they are obviously unhappy in life if they have to crap on things others enjoy.

Once I get moved in a month I will retake some pics of mine for the thread!

I'm sure many people here would have gotten these on first release back when Hot Toys figures weren't quite as expensive as they are now and thus have no need to 'justify' anything. Those people would probably admit that standards have risen but are also probably quite happy having them in their collection.

These were out before I started collecting 1/6th. I was aware of them and thought they looked astounding compared to the McFarlane Predators I was buying at the time. Initially I regretted not having them but not so anymore. Its P1 and P2 and the first 3 Alien films only for me and I have interest only in owning collectables from those films. Still haven't seen Predators but I have a feeling I won't accept it like I do the films of my childhood and thus my feelings about the figures would end up being fairly lukewarm just like they are for my AvP:R figures..although Royce looks cool. Anyway thats a bit of a tangent.

I don't own any of them but I love the older Preds. The only one I really had any problem with is P1's height. Still it would be nice if HT updated a few of the older Preds.

No offense but I would like you to NOT post in here, like Blade said some people like them, so don't. This thread clearly doesn't fit your opinion towards AVP. I respect your opinion but don't post in this thread if you don't like AVP.

:peace:exactly::goodpost:
there's no reason it can't be a love/hate thread. it accomplishes the same thing (drawing attention/preaching to the choir) without adding another stupid thread to the forum. i'm just being concise. plus, the AVP lovers can come up with new arguments for blowing $400+ on a 1:6 figure with bendy sausage dreads.

win-win.
Ignore them Blade, they are obviously unhappy in life if they have to crap on things others enjoy.
yes, because posting a dissenting remark on a toy forum is indicative of my worldview.
on another sarcastic note - i feel miserable because i don't like crappy figures. sad face :(

love/hate thread!! come on! give it time, it'll grow on ya.

Prefused, always thought you were a cool guy that would respect the opinions and the likes of other collectors but for you troll like this in here is really shameful. This is a thread for all of those that like the AVP stuff, or may show some appreciation for it. That's that. You got a problem with it? GTFO! Couldn't believe my eyes when I read your messages. Sheesh. Take your hate and go somewhere else with it. There's enough to go around here that people are already sick of it. I sure am.

Blade, we knew this would happen when we thought about creating this thread so screw the haters and ignore them. It's the best we can do to not stooping into their level. I never bash on what other people like and as a collector one should never have to do that. Got nothing nice to say about other people stuff, they should just STFU!
Awesome starter pic BTW. Celtic for the win. In my mind, Grid didn't last 12 seconds with the big guy.

Stag, I thought you sold all of your AVP Preds. Those old pics? And thanks for breaking the ice.

there's no reason it can't be a love/hate thread. it accomplishes the same thing (drawing attention/preaching to the choir) without adding another stupid thread to the forum. i'm just being concise. plus, the AVP lovers can come up with new arguments for blowing $400+ on a 1:6 figure with bendy sausage dreads.

win-win.

I'm cool with that just don't post the same thing over and over again if you hate it. :hi5:

I'm sure many people here would have gotten these on first release back when Hot Toys figures weren't quite as expensive as they are now and thus have no need to 'justify' anything. Those people would probably admit that standards have risen but are also probably quite happy having them in their collection.

These were out before I started collecting 1/6th. I was aware of them and thought they looked astounding compared to the McFarlane Predators I was buying at the time. Initially I regretted not having them but not so anymore. Its P1 and P2 and the first 3 Alien films only for me and I have interest only in owning collectables from those films. Still haven't seen Predators but I have a feeling I won't accept it like I do the films of my childhood and thus my feelings about the figures would end up being fairly lukewarm just like they are for my AvP:R figures..although Royce looks cool. Anyway thats a bit of a tangent.

My exact feelings, its really all about predator 1 and 2 and the first 3 alien films. Probably for the same reasons, those are the ones i grew up with since i was young.

Anywho, onto the AVP Hot Toys, while i dont own any i do love the look of the ancient and celtic. Although i loathe the faces underneath (terrible, lazy design in the movie) i do love the masks and the armour. And those huge shoulder cannons are awesome.

Prefused, always thought you were a cool guy that would respect the opinions and the likes of other collectors but for you troll like this in here is really shameful. This is a thread for all of those that like the AVP stuff, or may show some appreciation for it. That's that. You got a problem with it? GTFO! Couldn't believe my eyes when I read your messages. Sheesh. Take your hate and go somewhere else with it. There's enough to go around here that people are already sick of it. I sure am.

Blade, we knew this would happen when we thought about creating this thread so screw the haters and ignore them. It's the best we can do to not stooping into their level. I never bash on what other people like and as a collector one should never have to do that. Got nothing nice to say about other people stuff, they should just STFU!
Awesome starter pic BTW. Celtic for the win. In my mind, Grid didn't last 12 seconds with the big guy.

Stag, I thought you sold all of your AVP Preds. Those old pics? And thanks for breaking the ice.
that's ridiculous. i've never claimed to be cool. also, i can't go somewhere else with my hate because they charge extra for carry-ons now and i won't pay for it, i won't. but, i'm in here busting chops for entertainment because Shark Week is coming up and i'm not leaving the house until it's over.

until then, courage.
I'm cool with that just don't post the same thing over and over again if you hate it. :hi5:
fair enough.

Back