1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure LINK IN 1ST POST!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Scale IG-88 Figure

Seems like they put alot more articulation into this piece than was needed (especially with bending knees), but they'd probably get complaints if it turned out like Hasbro's.

If he's able to hold these poses then the articulation will be phenomenal.

Seems like they put alot more articulation into this piece than was needed (especially with bending knees), but they'd probably get complaints if it turned out like Hasbro's.

Hasbro does Droids well. I've got IG-88 displayed alongside my Sideshow pieces and he fits in nicely. Not sure, he needs that much articulation but I'm anxious to see how he turns out.

come on, it's obvious WHY they loaded him down with articulation.

it's a test run in preparation for Grevious.

Awesome figure, will be adding it to my collection :yess: .

IG88.jpg

IG88animation.jpg

They talk as if he is done. I would ____ all over myself for IG-88 to be announced soon. And not just because I want that character in a figure. I want ALL of the characters as figures. But I would be excited for the direction the line is taking and the fact that would be happening faster than I expected as well.

They talk as if he is done. I would ____ all over myself for IG-88 to be announced soon. And not just because I want that character in a figure. I want ALL of the characters as figures. But I would be excited for the direction the line is taking and the fact that would be happening faster than I expected as well.

I thought he was going to be announced soon? I remember SSC mentioning that 2011 would be the year of the Bounty Hunters. Given that Yoda is 1st Qtr of '11, I could see IG-88 being their 2nd Qtr figure to start off the Bounty Hunters. Meaning he could be up for PO in the next couple of months.

I thought he was going to be announced soon? I remember SSC mentioning that 2011 would be the year of the Bounty Hunters. Given that Yoda is 1st Qtr of '11, I could see IG-88 being their 2nd Qtr figure to start off the Bounty Hunters. Meaning he could be up for PO in the next couple of months.

I have been under the impression that Sideshow is still a way off from droids. So I was thinking other bounty hunters. Either way...I am all the way good with it!

I don't know how excited I'll be with an IG-88. I'm glad they are making him but I'm pretty sure I'll pass. It's just so hard to start a bounty hunters line if they don't even have the MASTER of all bounty hunters in Boba Fett and Jango Fett.

I have been under the impression that Sideshow is still a way off from droids. So I was thinking other bounty hunters. Either way...I am all the way good with it!

Yea, there was some Q&A session recently that mentioned the first Bounty Hunter would be the "one who would be good at working a bar" or some hint like that. It turns out that IG-88's head (or one very much like it) was scene in the Cantina bar as some type of beverage dispensor, so people are pretty positive that means IG-88 is up first. I guess SSC considers him to be more part of the Bounty Hunter series than the Droid series - makes sense.

Do you think maybe he'll go up during CV?

Could be possible, though CV is coming up soon and I would think SSC normally has more time between 1/6 scale releases.

I hope Boba Fett is out before IG-88!

Then you'll be disapppointed. The Medi Boba/Jango comes out late this year and I doubt SSC will step on Medi's toes by releasing a Boba before or shortly after the Medis.

I think it's already been mentioned in a Q&A that a SSC Boba/Jango is still a long ways out. Whereas, IG-88 almost seems ready for production and full reveal.

I don't know how excited I'll be with an IG-88. I'm glad they are making him but I'm pretty sure I'll pass. It's just so hard to start a bounty hunters line if they don't even have the MASTER of all bounty hunters in Boba Fett and Jango Fett.

The video showed a mock up of a Mandolorian helmet... so guessing they are not too far behind.

IG-88 looks like he's going to be rivaling the HT Endoskeleton in terms of pusing the envelope on a non-standard body figure.

Really glad to see Sideshow is willing to take risks like this... IG-88 will be a definite purchase :rock

IG-88 looks amazing!!!

I doubt we see a SS Boba Fett within the next 2 years...which is why i bought the Medicom Fett.

Hope we see IG-88 at CV!!!! :panic::panic:

digging the IG-88! looks like SST is on track with him (it?).

I thought he was going to be announced soon? I remember SSC mentioning that 2011 would be the year of the Bounty Hunters.

Remember the "year of armour" they announced and then all we got was a Stormtrooper from the OT. It does look like a Fett is on the way, but prepare for disappointment.

Back