WETA Gollum Character Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ringer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Gollum%20_1113x1200_.jpg

So is this the first in Weta's 1/12 scale line then? If so, I'd have to assume Gollum at about 3" with another 2-3" of rock base making this statue somewhere between 5-6" in total ht. I seen this from another angle and the strange expression on his face just doesn't work for me. He's described as having a "monkey face" and I can't really disagree with that. Fortunately for me I have zero interest in a miniature statue line, esp. when 1/6 and 1/4 scale LOTR statues are available.

Depending on pics from various angles and price point I may pick this one up as well. The angle that this picture is from does not make it look the best. But, one can not have enough smeagols.

1/12th scale will allow a greater range of characters that would be too large in 1/6th scale. Battle Trolls in particular come to mind.

I just picked up the "Crack of Doom" piece for a great deal so between that and the fantastic SS/Weta Gollum bust, I'm all good to go, Smeagol-wise.

This new piece does look interesting, though. I'm trying to put it into a specific scene and the one that comes to mind is when he first sneaks up on Frodo and Sam in "The Two Towers".

one can not have enough smeagols, That is true but this one is too small for my taste.

I have more interest in a smaller scale line then the 1/6 and 1/4 these days. Finding room for stuff is getting tough. Plus the bigger stuff is getting price crazy.

If this new line were to get alot of characters and have some "life" I'd be down.

1/12th scale will allow a greater range of characters that would be too large in 1/6th scale. Battle Trolls in particular come to mind.

I just picked up the "Crack of Doom" piece for a great deal so between that and the fantastic SS/Weta Gollum bust, I'm all good to go, Smeagol-wise.

This new piece does look interesting, though. I'm trying to put it into a specific scene and the one that comes to mind is when he first sneaks up on Frodo and Sam in "The Two Towers".

True, but unfortunately the lack of size will also mean less detailing. There's been alot of complaints about the "cartoonish" look of some of SS's 1/9 scale dio. characters and it will be even more difficult to achieve realistic likenesses at 1/12 scale. :lecture

If these match the scale of dio's they will be a nice optional display piece as apparently Gollum is similar in scale to the one previously released by SS/W.

Looking really good. Not sure if I'll get this only because I have the original SSW Gollum and the Gollum PF is in the works, but that doesn't take away from the fact that this piece looks really great. A smaller scale line will allow collectors to display more with limited space. Really looking forward to seeing what else Weta comes up with for this line. Very happy to see Weta fully engaged in LOTR once again. :yess:

This one look very good. Better in person than in that pic. I really like that expression.

wetagollum.jpg

This one look very good. Better in person than in that pic. I really like that expression.

wetagollum.jpg

That's the one thing I really don't care for myself. Has the size/price of this been determined yet?

22-07-20103-47-46PM.png

Great pics. If the price is right, then I'm in.

I agree that this would be a nice line, as you would need less space to display everything. Who knows, maybe there'll even be a complete Fellowship out of it... :lol

Looks interesting, although personally i don't like it when alot of the piece is rock, like the mini balrog or fell beast.... him stood by the pool with a fish would have been better, but it still looks good.
I don't mind his facial expression, this is Gollum and he did have a few :lol

Agree that if they do alot of characters it would be great display-wise. You could easily be a completist and not have it take up too much space or money. So for all these reasons, i'll be buying it.
Plus it's nice for a new lotr line to start without Aragorn, Gandalf or Legolas :lol

I really hope they'll also have 2 or more characters on one base and have their own mini diorama line. Alot of potential here.

I heard via TheGD's correspondent at the show that this statue is most likely NOT part of the Character Line at all!!

Back