New Universal Monsters?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince

Super Freak
Reaction score
Will Sideshow make new 1/4th scale Premium Format Universal Monsters statues ?

I think making all of their statues in black & white is just an easy move, why not making some new ones?

We still haven't seen a Mummy in 1/4th scale or Ardeth Bay.
And what about the Creature from the Black Lagoon

and my personal favourite The Invisible Man !

They also could make a Bride of Frankenstein, Hunchback, Red Death

so many options left...

and then they decided to make Lon Chaney as the Vampyre in London after Midnight, which is nice, but I rather wanted to see The Invisible man or The Mummy!

anybody knows if there are any plans for the future ???

One thing for sure...A creature of the black lagoon 1/4 scale would be money in the bank for them...Fans Have ask this for a long time now..

Yes, Sideshow will be making more PF Universal Monsters.

It may appear that the Silver Screen editions are an easy move, on the surface, but there is more to it than meets the eye. This is Sideshows way of showing their commitment to the Universal line, and to the collectors that prefer these replications, of the characters, as they appeared on the screen.

One thing for sure, is that there are many more options as you have said. My hope is that they dont release them too soon after one another. It is absolute selfishness on my part, because I don't have that much expendable income, and my first love are the 1/6th scale figures.

Tom Gilliland, Sideshows creative director, and also a craftsman in his own right, is one of the forces driving the Universal line. He stated a short while ago, that we would indeed get a PF Creature from the Black Lagoon. Sideshow even asked us in a thread once, what our ideas and preferences were for this figure. Basically we couldn't really offer that much. A PF is a mixed media figure. A polystone Creature wouldn't be a PF, and there was some discussion whether or not it should be encased in a rubberish suit, and if indeed it would stand the test of time and other shortcomings. Then there was the pose. Standing upright, or in a swiming pose. Sideshow are taking special care with this one, and it is still a long way off.

No mention has been made of any other figure waiting in the wings, as is Sideshows policy, though we have had a lot of fun and interest speculating. While we are at it, hey Sideshow, when do we get our 1/6 Ygor? SDCC, Spooktacular, Christmas? :D I am glad you posted Vince, it has been a while since we have prompted for more Uni Monsters and welcome to the Freaks board too.

Thank you, glad I found this forum.

Also for me ther's no need to rush the release of those figures. First of all, my funds aren't unlimited and Sideshow needs time to make those perfect pieces!

I'd also like the Creature very much, but not as much as I'd like to see an Invisible Man or The Mummy.

As for the pose of the Creature, I prefer standing, as they did on the 8" action figure...

And about an Invisible Man , they allready created an almost perfect 1/6th scale figure, so doing better or other then that would be very difficult, it could as well be a Premium Format one, but then in smaller scale.

I'm really looking forward for the next one !!

And yes, the black and whites ones are a nice move for the fans, but it also makes me doubt very much which one to buy! and buying both is a bit too much ...

Lol, that can be a predicament, and it means if you were too slow to get one, you have a chance of getting the other.

creecher said:
Lol, that can be a predicament, and it means if you were too slow to get one, you have a chance of getting the other.

true

but I don't like having b/w mixed with colour versions, and as I started with the colour Phantom, I''ll only collect the coloured ones now...

If you look good and be patient you can find them all.
Only need to find a coloured Frankenstein and Vampyre and I have them all (up to now...)

Good onya. lmao. I have been pondering getting the Phantom to complete my coloured PF's, and your not helping. Just to get my revenge. Get yourself the Vampyre, he is terrorific. Mwahahahaaaaarrrr. It has been posted before but just take a look at this. Someone posted it a while ago, of a repainted one. Mwahahahaaaa.

Last edited:
creecher said:
Good onya. lmao. I have been pondering getting the Phantom to complete my coloured PF's, and your not helping. Just to get my revenge. Get yourself the Vampyre, he is terrorific. Mwahahahaaaaarrrr. It has been posted before but just take a look at this. Someone posted it a while ago, of a repainted one. Mwahahahaaaa.

haha, i bought the Phantom for only 140 euros with shipping, I was really happy with that.

That repaint looks really good! terrifying !

Anyway, back on topic

Anyone knows if there also will be more 1:1 scale busts of the Monsters ?
Ardeth Bay is really good, but I'd love to see more of them...

Creature in 1/4 would be unbelievable! I would get that in a heartbeat. I have Frankenstein in color. I'm less happy with the likeness of the Lugosi Dracula and would love to see him in person to decide whether to pick him up or not.

BB

Buzzybean, the Color version of PF Dracula is really, really nice. I have some pics of mine at Eternalcollector.com if you wanna look at him. Its grand!

On the topic of more PF Monsters:

I have all 6 Color Versions they have released...but I am probably gonna quit after an even 10. Unlike Gruson (dude, are you independently wealthy or what?), I am extremely limited in how many of these I can afford. Initially, I wasn't going to collect them at all because of the cost. A friend of mine helped me out on this though. He had a bunch of Garage kit Monsters he wanted painted, and I "worked" (had a blast) them off by painting kits. The only one I paid cash for was the Wolfman. The last 4 I would get to round out 10 would be:

1. The Mummy (preferably lying in his funerary case) Karloff version.
2. The Creature from the Black Lagoon. He would round out Universal's main 6 top guns that are usually licensed.
3. The Bride of Frankenstein. For the sheer Hollywood iconography and because for so famous a monster, I have so little in the way of collectibles of her.
4. The Werewolf of London (what can I say, I am a Henry Hull #####).

Although on the 12" Universal Monsters front, I have a wish list that would make your head swim. BTW, does anyone know what the story is with Dracula's Daughter? Is she in the same boat as a Colin Clive Dr. Frankenstein, or does Sideshow just figure who they heck would want a figure of her anyway? I would dig her!:naughty

I dont mind them taking their time so much. It helps me pace my budget when they pace their releases........... as long as its not finished.

Creature & Bride are my most wanted right now.

Matt mentioned quite awhile back in a chat that it wasnt "will" they do a Creature, it was "how?" they could do one. I took this to mean that the PFs have to be mixed media in some way and can't just be solid poly to meet the licensing standards.
Surely its not as simple as glass eyes.

but in the mean time, there are plenty more characters to produce.
bring'um on!

Vince said:
...Anyone knows if there also will be more 1:1 scale busts of the Monsters ?
Ardeth Bay is really good, but I'd love to see more of them...

In one of the recent Sideshow chats (I think it was Fantacular???), Mat said there will definitely be more 1:1 monster busts, but because of their expense, they didn't want to release too many together... I think he might have even said no more than 2 or 3 a year... I'll try to find the chat log and post his exact words... :naughty

buzzybean said:
Creature in 1/4 would be unbelievable! I would get that in a heartbeat. I have Frankenstein in color. I'm less happy with the likeness of the Lugosi Dracula and would love to see him in person to decide whether to pick him up or not.

BB
I've got the b&w Dracula, and the headsculpt is a masterpiece.

I don't have any PFs, but I agree... I've seen Dracula, and I thought it was amazing.

I think I must be one of the only people that thinks the 1/6 Dracula head sculpt looks more like Bela than the 1/4. The 1/4 is excellent, but I think just a bit too thin.

Perhaps my mind will be changed if I see it in person?

Stay away Buttmunch. It is evil, evil I tell you. Do not, do NOT look into it's eyes. Not only will your mind be changed, you will be a changed person all round. The blood that courses through your veins will be chilled. You will be consumed by a want and desire you have no control over.

Go and have a look if you get the chance.

lcummins said:
In one of the recent Sideshow chats (I think it was Fantacular???), Mat said there will definitely be more 1:1 monster busts, but because of their expense, they didn't want to release too many together... I think he might have even said no more than 2 or 3 a year... I'll try to find the chat log and post his exact words... :naughty

that is good news, 1 a year is fine for me, for the 1:1 busts then.
Maybe some more 12"s and once in a while a new PF and they keep me happy ...

Can't wait for a new PF UM announcement.
I hope it'll be the Mummy or the Invisible Man !

Pfs of Bride, Mummy and Creature seem to be no brainers I'd think. A Hunchback in chains would also seem like a natural. I'm sure there are Uni PFs in our future.

Darklord Dave said:
Pfs of Bride, Mummy and Creature seem to be no brainers I'd think. A Hunchback in chains would also seem like a natural. I'm sure there are Uni PFs in our future.

those would be nice indeed.
Lots of options there. A bride would be great to display along Frankenstein, but a Mummy would look pure evil...

The 1:1 busts seem a bit tougher to do nice ones.
I'm really wondering what the next could be ???
A Bride would be marvelous !
Or maybe a Wolfman...

Back