Tyrus Review - This is Triad's Best Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinroh75

Super Freak
Reaction score
triad has really outdone themselves with tyrus. i havent even touched any of my alphas or my hot toys t2 arnie because of this guy. the alphas and arnold i opened, looked, played a little and put them back in the box but tyrus man oh man this guys is just frickin awesome. there is just so much character to the face and everything about him is pure awesomeness. tyrus is by far my favorite figure from triad. he's even cooler than lola and i thought she just outdid everything that has been released so far

i'm going to get all my thoughts out first and i'll upload pictures later while it's still fresh. besides my night photos suck pretty bad and gonna wait for some daylight shots. im gonna try and give it a 5 star system like michael crawford. :lol:

painting - 5
he looks exactly like the prototype photos on the website. both the tatoos on his head and arm looks really nice and crisp. the paintwork looks really good and smooth and much better than the josh randall figure. they matted his skin down and the light fuzz on his head and 5oclock shadow is really nice. eyes and lips are nicely painted and glossed too. the hair is a lot nicer than i expected. i know he's using the same sculpt as the omega hispanic body but man he looks awesome with this get up. they used some sort of really fine fur material so the scale is nice. the hair is nicely trimmed. i added some hair gel and he looks 100 times better. this is a really awesome way of doing real hair and i hope triad continues to do more figures like this

4803151537_a0c4ed7e44_o.jpg

4803782192_33dc966c1c_o.jpg

4803781318_a68b793e17_o.jpg

clothing and gear 4
as expected triad kicks butt with clothing. no complaints here and you can expect same quality with all of their other clothing items. top notch stuff as always. all of the pouches and pockets open up and are functional. the only thing i noticed is that some of the straps on his mask and the straps on his arm knife comes off. i bought two tyrus figures and the first one, one strap came off of the mask inside the box. the other one the strap popped off when i was putting his knife on his arms. either triad used some really weak glue to glue the straps on, our the heat from summer weakened it. it's pretty dang hot here in california and i noticed my shipment was pretty hot sitting in the mailbox. anyways, it's an easy fix because i just dabbed some super glue on the strap and glued it back in place and it hasnt come off since. so not really a complaint but just pointing it out. the mask is really nicely painted and weathered. the eyeholes have a nice tint to it and not pitch black as i thought from seeing the photos

4803151227_2d5cb513bc_o.jpg

4803150931_6d9cda7e5e_o.jpg

weapons 5
he comes with the exact same set up as the vanity submachine gun. however, i did notice that it's a lot smoother and better. the vanity gun was really stiff and hard to put together. i sanded the hell out of the vanity gun to get it to fit smoothly and some parts wouldnt even come together. but it appears triad has fixed all that with tyrus. the attachments slide on and off nicely. some of the pegs are too tight or too loose, but that's an easy fix with a little sanding. i tried some of the vanity parts on and mixed and matched and it works really well. the pistol and his knife is nicely painted and weathered. but the submachine gun isnt weathered so i tried my hand at weathering for the first time :) pics coming soon

4803781018_1319d06651_o.jpg

body/articulation 4
tyrus is on the omega body. it's not the evo, but it's still awesome. i never had any problems with the omega and the articulation is quite nice. he has feet inside the boots so there is a lot of ankle articulation unlike some of the hot toys or sideshow figures, which is really nice considering you need some awesome gun battle poses for this guy. overall still awesome but i'll probably end up replacing him with either an evo body or something alot more muscular - maybe one of those bodies triad previewed with the musclar arms would be awesome for tyrus

4803150673_4a796b92e0_o.jpg

4803152051_42a4599336_o.jpg

packaging 5
while its the exact same as the josh randall box which i really love btw, there are more pictures rather than jsut the standard colors you see on lola, vanity etc. you can finally see what you're buying for a change. :lol: i hope they continue in this trend because the box art is really nice. another nice touch they did was they added the profile on the back of the box. they did it with lola and vanity, but it was just a small paragraph. there's a photo and actual stats on the back of the box. kinda reminds me of the old gi joe figures which i thought was pretty cool

overall 5
i absolutely love tyrus. he is just sooo badass!!! for the asking price, you get a crapload of items. one of the things i wasnt crazy about with some of the military figures by other manufacturers is they always put so much gear in it where you cant possibly load everything on a figure. and i think they do it mainly to boost up the price honestly :lol: but with tyrus everything he comes with goes somewhere. i manged to fit all of his extra gun parts into his vest pouches or hang them on his holsters and belt. tyrus is well worth it and i think i'll pick up another one for another special ops bash or something. overall i think triad has really shined with this figure and i am sure glad they took their sweet time to release him. well worth the wait. he's going on my top shelf as one of my favorite figures! :D really awesome figure

4803151883_e6b3f1b347_o.jpg

4803151383_64f3f3a720_o.jpg

4803152259_5cdf18ca03_o.jpg

4803152591_7b32302d78_b.jpg

Great pictures. Though I'm not crazy about it on the omega body.
But I think If I put everything on a HT muscle body, he would look
even more bad arse and be a top notch figure.

:hi5:

haha yeah i've been scouting ebay for the t2 arnie body. it seems to match the skin color on tyrus perfectly. i tried him on the wolverine body but it seems more dark than this head. he'll look badass with a more muscular body for sure

Back