Due to money issues I have had to cancel...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr2red

Super Freak
Reaction score
a whole bunch of my exclusives.
Krycek, Skinner, D'Hoffryn, The terminators etc.
I did keep Luke and Darla.
I may have to give up Han as well but I did flex pay for PF
Buffy and I'm not giving her up.

Boo Hoo , not having money stinks.

that is soooo sad:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2........I may be feeling that same pain very soon.....I have to buy a new car and I may have to cancel some pre-orders..NOOOOOOOOOOO....

It is a pain no man or woman should EVER have to suffer.........DAMN YOU CRUEL WORLD DAMN YOU *shaking fist in the air*

I feel your pain. I cancelled a whole bunch of stuff in January (all the SW PF exclusives, including the then shipping Exc. Han and Exc. Vader) because I missed a mortgage payment, and was already behind one car payment as well. Even cancelled the SW 12" exclusives which I greatly regret. Anyway, finally got caught up this month, everyone (well, the creditors) are all happy and I just put myself back on some waiting lists (much reduced list than previously).

So, work your way out to the clear, the world looks much better then. Then pounce on those waiting lists!

Good luck, man, I'll be rooting for you!

Man, that totally sucks, I am sorry to hear about that. It is smart to make some cancellations now, rather than try to dig out of a hole later.

anybody got a shovel?

I feel your pain. My workplace is a well known steel producing facility in Middletown Ohio. I am an hourly employee there and we are locked out of the facility by the company because the union and the company cannot reach an agreement. So, I have no insurance, no cash, no unemployment, and I am going stir crazy waiting to go back to work. Luckily the only Universal Monsters item that is coming from Sideshow is that Mummy 1:1 bust...which I passed on because of its expense, anyway. I never thought I would be glad that no new Monster products were being released but...whew:D !

Yeah, being broke is the pits... I've been lucky and found cash whenever an item was shipping.. With Luke I had to ask them to charge my card Monday and deal with a longer wait. Hopefully in the future I will be able to have funds available....

I had surgery to remove a tumor on my jaw a few months ago and now I'm paying much of my check every few weeks to get the creditors off my back. It's gotten pretty out of hand. All of my cards were maxed out and I still could not seem to crawl out of debt, my bank wouldn't help and my parents are broke too... It was only after selling a ton of stuff on ebay and skimping on groceries that I was able to afford this hobby... barely... :monkey2

I wish the best for you all. I'm sorry to hear about anyones health and financial problems. I think almost everyone enters dark times at least once in their lives. I've been there myself and health insurance, while ridiculously expensive, is essential.

DarkArtist81, how's your health now if you don't mind me asking?

That is a shame Dr. We all know the gutter is one step away from the footpath, and even on the footpath, you can easily step into something smelly, if you don't take care. I hope you are able to get things back in order soon. I suggest you dont pre-order anything you don't have the money for. Credit is not for the poor. Have the money, put it aside, and pre-orders are all taken care of, no need to check, sweat, cry, hurt, or worry.

There sure are some great figures in your cancellations. If I lived in the States, I am sure I would be sweaty, teary, in pain, and worried right now. I hope things get resolved for you soon.

Creech it will be a year at least before I can start ordering again.
We need to save a mass of money for next Feb to pay off the vehicle.
So I give the figures and my hubby gives up his dream of a boat.
I hope that we win the lottery at some point so I don't have to give
up anymore of my exclusives.

Thanks everyone for the support.
I am so going to miss the craziness of the Pre order days.

creecher said:
That is a shame Dr. We all know the gutter is one step away from the footpath, and even on the footpath, you can easily step into something smelly, if you don't take care. I hope you are able to get things back in order soon. I suggest you dont pre-order anything you don't have the money for. Credit is not for the poor. Have the money, put it aside, and pre-orders are all taken care of, no need to check, sweat, cry, hurt, or worry.

There sure are some great figures in your cancellations. If I lived in the States, I am sure I would be sweaty, teary, in pain, and worried right now. I hope things get resolved for you soon.

I might sell my exclusive Luke to make some cash though I really
don't want to part with him.
I have never sold on ebay. Any suggestions or offers?

He should be arriving in the next few weeks.

This is not good to hear, I can afford the collection as I'm living at home with my parents and working, so I pratically have the money I gain for me... and doesn't have to spend money for a house or a car (well here fuel costs so much)... but this is for now...

I am still debating whether I should cancel my GG exclusive and Leia exclusive. I am waiting for my tax return but that'll probably pay off for the previous purchases. I am getting a better job and hopefully the pay will allow me to keep these awesome statues. But I have to wait and see...:monkey2

It sucks giving up something you really enjoy.

I know that road, believe me.

I may cancel some stuff I have on order as well, just don't want to spend too much, I already have spent more then enough the past couple months.

I've canceled a ton of preoders in the last few weeks also.:monkey2

I just decided last month that my collection has gotten out of hand and is just too huge. I have literaly over 300 action figures/ 1:6 figures that I can't even display. :google I'm just going to have to limit my collecting to a few lines and just concentrate on them which meant of course that I had to cancel a few figures and pieces.

I'm constantly saying how much I'd love for SS to do a [ insert liscense ] line but in a way I'm kind of happy that they don't. I can barely keep up with all of the SS pieces now. :eek:

Back