eFX Darth Vader A NEW HOPE Helmet!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
:panic: :yess:

efxANHVader.jpg

This is one of the most exciting products that we have ever announced! The long anticipated original Darth Vader Helmet from Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope . What makes this product so exciting (other than the fact that it is DARTH VADER !) is the history, the mystery and the lore behind the original prop. With the help of the Lucasfilm archives, we discovered a truly lost treasure! We actually found, what we believe, are the original molds made by Rick Baker of one of the original Darth Vader helmets from the long lost original molds in 1977! Incredibly, Lucasfilm allowed us to make a casting from these molds for our master pattern. Be sure to check out our "In Development" section to read more behind the development and lineage of this replica, coming soon!

:rock

Must. Own.

ANH Vader > All others. :lecture

If that story is true, this is going to be HUGE!

It does seem rather incredible. But I don't see why they would lie so explicitly, and use Lucasfilm's name to boot. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming this is the real deal. And thus this might be the single coolest and most important SW collectible in recent memory.

Do this properly, eFX!

Read this last night too. Hope I have a couple of years to save up for this, like how long the McVader took, because it would be nice to have one of each. Final payment on McVader this month and now this announcement. I'm excited to get to CV!

It does seem rather incredible. But I don't see why they would lie so explicitly, and use Lucasfilm's name to boot. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming this is the real deal. And thus this might be the single coolest and most important SW collectible in recent memory.

Do this properly, eFX!

This reminds me of this story of Obi-wan's Robe:

https://www.slashfilm.com/article.php/20050906103610741

This sounds very promising... would be a great companion piece to the 1:1 bust from Sideshow.

Given their track record, I have no reason to doubt eFX. I trust them a lot more with SW prop related research than Sideshow. That big find was teased several months ago in a newsletter. I think they would be far into development by now.

I am already thinking about canceling my McVader (no deposit, thankfully). Can't have them all. :(

I'm curious about the price too. I hope it's less than the McVader, since the runs will certainly be higher.

What's the RRP likely to be on this?

If by RRP you mean recommended retail price, then you might expect it to go over $700 to $1000 (or even more). I really hope to be less but doubt it will go lower than $700

Back