Gollum Premium Format, Link to waitlist in 1st post...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gollum PF Coming!

:thud:

This could very well be my first PF...

Polystone figure wearing a ragged diaper. ;)

Hopefully should be inexpensive. I'm looking forward to seeing if it comes with interchangeable "Gollum / Smeagol" heads.

Great news! :yess:

Should be interesting to see if they go with the Gollum persona or the Smeagol one (or somehow include both as an exclusive)

Great news! :yess:

Should be interesting to see if they go with the Gollum persona or the Smeagol one (or somehow include both as an exclusive)

Yep, I predict he has a Smeagol head and the exclusive comes with the gollum head...

...or maybe the exclusive comes with a fish.

Polystone figure wearing a ragged diaper. ;)

Hopefully should be inexpensive. I'm looking forward to seeing if it comes with interchangeable "Gollum / Smeagol" heads.

I agree with you, polystone body will cloth. Inexpensive? I bet it's at least $249

They will probably add a super intricate base like the whole of mount doom to justify a skyrocketed price!

im guessing something with a half eaten fish and or fish heads.

Another must have character, but with SS's reluctance to commit to the Fellowship in PF form (in the Q+A's they seem to think the new 1/6 line will suffice :mad:) this may well be my last PF :lecture

Well he is gonna be a lot smaller than most PF at 1/4 scale.

In theory, the same size as the Frodo one, but of course that had a lot more fabric work. Even so, don't like the chances of it being under $250.

Pretty little fly. Why does he cry? Caught in a web. Soon he'll be.......

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would guess his price would be about $249 or so, given that even though he is smaller, the same amount of R&D is required to make Gollum. If they can pull off a seamless head swap to make the gollum/smeagol interchange, it could be a really nice exclusive. Even if he has less fabric to be considered a PF, he has more sculpting required, so it is probably an even swap in terms of effort required.

I can't imagine we'll see another PF released in 2010, so knowing that 2011 already has the Aragorn Maquette (and possibly one or two more) and Gollum on the horizon is pretty cool.

I would guess his price would be about $249 or so, given that even though he is smaller, the same amount of R&D is required to make Gollum. If they can pull off a seamless head swap to make the gollum/smeagol interchange, it could be a really nice exclusive. Even if he has less fabric to be considered a PF, he has more sculpting required, so it is probably an even swap in terms of effort required.

I can't imagine we'll see another PF released in 2010, so knowing that 2011 already has the Aragorn Maquette (and possibly one or two more) and Gollum on the horizon is pretty cool.

Q.Monday, June 14th, 2010
There has been a lot of rumor and gossip on the discussion boards about some atypical prospects for your “The Lord of the Rings” Premium Format line. People have suggested a possible Cave Troll PF, a Ringwraith with Steed, or a Sam/Merry combined PF in a single offering. Can you let me know if I should start saving up now? I can’t wait for Gandalf, as well as more news on the LOTR Premium Format line!!! Thanks! …AND… Many thanks for the great pieces so far in the LOTR Premium Format line! Aa special thanks for Gandalf the Grey and Legolas – they appear incredible. Please consider Boromir, Gimli, Eowyn, and of course the other hobbits (Sam, Merry, Pippin) Can you please tell us how many LOTR PF figures you plan to announce in 2010? Also do you have any plans to ever create a mounted figure in the PF line? Yes, I realize it would be massive but it would certanly be extrordinary. Perhaps King Theodan? or Eomer? I would think someday you would have to produce a character from the Rohan side and I don’t see how you could make all the riders of Rohan without at least one mount? Please say yes and I’ll start saving now…. AND… With only one LOTR Premium Format having gone up for pre-order in 2009, will 2010 be the same, or can we expect 2, 3 or maybe even 4 LOTR PF pre-orders to make up for lost time?

A. We will be officially revealing the Morgul Lord PF very soon, and we hope to unveil the next LOTR PF a little after SDCC. If all goes according to plan, there will be a ‘big’ pre-order opportunity in early to mid 2011, for a product scheduled to ship late in the year. It may seem a ways off, but we’re digging into some serious and ambitious undertakings…

Looks like we have one more coming this year. :lecture

A gollum PF will be cool. I'll be passing on it but will be neat to see.

Back