The Sideshow STAR WARS Watch: Future SSC Star Wars Products List & Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so while having time to waste while waiting for things in between a couple of projects today, I decided to develop a tracking spreadsheet with all of the future Star Wars items that Sideshow has confirmed are either in Development or are definitely being Planned. These are all via the Q&As from their site, so I may have missed some if they were mentioned elsewhere (chats, etc.)

I will update these periodically, but if you have updates now post them (along with how/when Sideshow confirmed that item specifically) and I'll update these lists.

Anyway, I figured it'd be useful to keep an updated list for discussion purposes and so that everyone can get a clearer picture of what Sideshow has confirmed they have in the pipeline in regards to their SW lines:

sscswindev.jpg

sscswplanned.jpg

Note: Items are not necessarily listed in any particular order. There may obviously be items announced that are not on this list, and some items in the "Planning" stages will almost surely see the light of day before some already confirmed "In Development", etc.

Last Update Wednesday July 14, 2010

BREAKDOWN:

Total Products Confirmed in Pipeline: 65+

1:6 Figures Confirmed In Pipeline: 37+
Premium Format Figures Confirmed In Pipeline: 13
Other Confirmed Products In Pipeline: 13

OT Products: 35
PT Products: 24
EU Products: 7+

1:6 Armored Troopers: 9+

(Note: Max Rebo Band includes 3 figures. Total number of Clone Wars ver Clones is unknown, therefore "+")

Last edited:
Re: The Sideshow STAR WARS Watch List: Always In Motion Is The Future

Nice work Irish. Shows that Sideshow is super busy these days.

Can't wait for X-wing Luke

Wow, very nice! Thanks for putting this together!

Great idea. I didn't realize how many of those had been confirmed. I really hope the Mara Jade is 1:6.

The Cyborg Maul I thought was maybe going to be a PF.

Back when there was no PF out yet or not hardly any Sideshow said they were developing a long list of them and the only ones that have not come out yet on the original list is Luke X-Wing and Qui-Gon Jinn. Now this is going back a long long time but the droids were also on this list and they are all but confirmed and the rest of them are sitting in my display cabinet beside me right now. I dont know but I would say they are two that are definitely planned.

Also there is the Anakin slaying the Tusken Raiders from AOTC at SDCC last year.

Back when there was no PF out yet or not hardly any Sideshow said they were developing a long list of them and the only ones that have not come out yet on the original list is Luke X-Wing and Qui-Gon Jinn. Now this is going back a long long time but the droids were also on this list and they are all but confirmed and the rest of them are sitting in my display cabinet beside me right now. I dont know but I would say they are two that are definitely planned.

In a recent Q&A, they said that Qui-Gon was a "good" candidate for a PF, but they didn't come out and confirm that he was in active Planning, Design or Development. Don't recall X-Wing Luke PF being specifically confirmed, either. You have a link?

I thought of adding a 3rd Tier for items "Under Consideration"... but that'd probably become too hazy and defeat the purpose.

They hinted at a PF in the Q&A entry, but didn't specifically confirm a format on that one.

Oh ok. I thought it was more than likely gonna be a PF.

I found the old interview. It was quoted by tomandshell about 3 years ago and Im guessing it was from SDCC 2005.

Here is a link to the thread
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...?t=24417&highlight=premium+format+list&page=3
and here is what the interview said:
I had the pleasure this afternoon at SDCC, to sit down and interview Tom Gilliland, the VP of Product Development and Creative Director of Side Show Collectibles. Mr. Gilliland was probably the friendliest, most knowledgeable, and most willing to talk (and talk about future plans, no less) Star Wars licensee at the entire show. It was a true pleasure to sit down and chat with him, and learn of the direction this line will likely take over the next three years, beginning in early 2005. Tom seemed to have a definite feel for the pulse of the hobby, and about "collectors" and Star Wars in general. I think that should assure you potential Sideshow collectors that you'll indeed be in excellent hands with this particular Star Wars line. So without further ado, here's some juicy information as to what we can expect to see out of the future of this line...

First 5 figures:
Luke (seen at SDCC, in prototype form)
Han (seen at SDCC, in prototype form)
ANH Vader (dueling pose w/ saber up)
Obi-Wan (dueling pose probably, which can interact with Vader to a degree, moveable hood)
ANH Leia

There will probably be some exclusives for their website later on, which will offer a slight twist to some of the above figures, such as probably having the same Han, but with a Stormtrooper belt and blaster included. They weren't quite sure what the Luke "variation" would be yet though.

Highly probable figures after that: Boba Fett, Yoda/Dagobah Luke 2-pack, R2-D2/C-3PO 2-pack, Darth Maul, Qui-Gonn Jinn, X-Wing Luke

Other tidbits:

Production runs will likely be approximately 1,500 to 2,500, depending on how "main" the character is. Once the edition size is set, that's it - no more! Sideshow is considering doing some minor characters in the future as well (such as Bib Fortuna), which would likely have a lower production number.

Price Point: $225 and up (higher for the more intricate maquettes, and 2-packs)

They're experimenting with adding electronics right now, like to things such as the lightsabers.

Finally, and this is the best part, these guys have an attention to detail like I've never seen or heard of before. Tom commented to me that they just recently noticed that a portion of Han's "real" belt had 3 notches, as opposed to the 2 notches that they originally thought, so they're fixing that right away. Expect these pieces to be HIGHLY detailed and damned near PERFECTLY accurate in every single way.

Wow good job with that table.

Wait wait wait wait huh what?
Cyborg Darth Maul?
WTF?
I know it has to be from the EU, but from what?
A book, a video game,comic book or role playing game?

But I thought someone said, can't remember who that the Republic Commandoes are also in the plans, No?

At least we got more clones coming and a Shadow Stormtrooper? Well, as long as its armoured, bring em on!

Wait wait wait wait huh what?
Cyborg Darth Maul?
WTF?
I know it has to be from the EU, but from what?
A book, a video game,comic book or role playing game?

From the comic Visionaries, the first one, I heard there is a second one, not sure! Not into the cyborg Maul!

I don't want to go 3 more years without an Obi-Wan Ep I. I hope there are lots of secretly in developement stuff.

Back