wolverine origins Hot toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkage824

Super Freak
Reaction score
HI
so im really wanting to get the Hot toys wolverine
i read through about 150 pages of the thread titled : X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Wolverine Figure
and came across something that put me off getting it.
The paint on the rubber rubs off?
and the rubber, does that go bad after a few years or something?

how can you prevent these things from happening because i would really like to have this in my collection.

Thanks

you must be newer to this hobby than I am, I f you get a chance to buy it at an affordable price...BUY it.....nothing happens happens unless you mess around too much with the figures....buy it!display it & enjoy it! cheers

If you read that thread, you might know that the way to avoid wear is to not move the head. . .like, at all. Some claim that they had wear on the paint on the neck right out of the new package. And don't put the jacket on unless you put the red shirt on first. Otherwise, you'll probably stain the body a bit.

Rubber figures will always deteriorate. You can try to put it off with climate control or "armor all" style products. ..but in time it will rot.

's one of the reasons I dropped HT (which led to dropping 1/6 figures in general)

Though rubber deterioration is an issue people should watch with any relevant Hot Toys figures, I don't think deterioration is the issue with Wolverine so far.

For whatever reason, the head was sculpted so that it necessarily comes in contact with more of the rubber neck than it should. If you try to move it, it seems to put more stress on the neck than it should (more than it does with my Dutch and T-800, anyway). And on top of that, the body is painted a darker tone with veins, etc.--paint which rubs off easily. Kind of disappointing, actually.

You just have to take into account that these aren't $10 walmart toys that you can just toss around your room. They're delicate high quality figures. So play nice.:)

Be that as it may, you can't hardly move Wolvie's head without potentially causing damage. Though they aren't Wal-Mart toys, nor are they statues. "Action figures" are made to be posed, and with this guy, you've got to take even more care than you usually would with Hot Toys figures. In addition to the head issue, whenever I try to bend his right arm at the elbow, the forearm comes out if I don't hold the elbow joint in place as I'm moving it.

Some thing to consider is that just because its called Hot toys...its not necessarily a toy like other action figures. They're more like poseable collectibles. So they're quite delicate. If you're not careful, you might break a part but if you are easy on the figure, there's no reason it would last for a long time. Mine only gets moved when I decided to change the pose and mine is in pristine condition.

Its a shame to miss out on this figure. It truly is one of the best hot toys have produced.

i've been debating on getting this logan figure too. ever since it came out i needed to have it. but now its a toss up between this logan figure or their mars attacks figure.

I have this figure and it is amazing. Just be careful with it and it will last a long time. I am less concerned about the rubber on this figure, than my HT batman figures.

I have moved the head on mine quite a few times and the neck paint is fine. Same as my Dutch figure. Also when it comes to rubber deteriation I think it is pot luck. So far I have not bought a figure that has suffered from this. My oldest one is the Robocop figure that has been open to the elements from new. The rubber is still as good as new.

Back