Custom 12'' figure of YOU !!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had posted an andgor figure a while back in some thread....A couple people said that andgor had some shaddy business practices...dont know much about them beyond that...I have seen some really good figures they have done for Toyfare Magazine..

Edit:Its in a Solid Snake Medicom thread....screamingmetal said they are being investigated by the Better Business Burea

The BBB has quite a file on Sam Gordich and Andgor Toys. The figures in ToyFare are part of the problem as he produced specialty figures for them but denied his responsibility to his average customers. I was lucky to get my situation straightened out after the BBB suggested I visit the old One Sixth Warrior forum, where Gordich used to frequent. He is one of the worst, most disreputable, nontrustworthy business people it has ever been my misfortune to encounter.

Ironman1188 said:
He is one of the worst, most disreputable, nontrustworthy business people it has ever been my misfortune to encounter.

OUCH!That hurt MY feelings:D

Yep dealt with them before after over 50 e-mails and over an entire year of waiting I got the two recasts of the heads I ordered. My buddy that ordered at teh same time never has gotten his and it's been about three years now. Definately don't deal with them, you'll be much better off. Oh and here's that link to the Florida BBB.
https://www.orlando.bbb.org/newsearch2.asp?ComID=07330013002405

And, if need be, I can give you the agent's name that was handling those cases. I also have a couple of "anonymous" informational tid bits that were quite enlightening back then.

I'm glad I came across this thread. A while back, I was trying to contact AndGor about their custom heads but I never heard back from them. I guess that was a lucky break for me. Based on the feedback here, I just deleted their webpage from my bookmarks.

Thanks for the warnings.

Probably the best move you could make.
They could have ruled in the custom 1:6 head market, instead they should rot in a 1:1 hell.

I first heard of Angor when I saw their wonderful Willy Wonka figure in pages of Toy Fare. I never did get around to ordering anything from them and, by the reactions of the past posts, I'm glad I didn't.

Did anybody from this board ever order a head of themself from Angor? And was it ever received? And do you have any pix?

Just curious.:rolleyes:

There's no doubt. With a little good business sense, Andgor could've helped set the bar for custom 1:6 heads. Too bad. :monkey2
Good thing there are sooooo many other reputable dealers!!

Customikey said:
I wonder what became of the artist who did the sculpting and painting. Extraordinarily talented, whoever he is.

If the information I received during my battle with Gordich was accurate, they are still around and doing some very nice work.

The way I understand it a couple from Florida did the sculpts for them. I can't post the actual correspondence because I had promised the "source" I would not. The couple are well known and still around to the best of my knowledge.

Protozaius said:
Did anybody from this board ever order a head of themself from Angor? And was it ever received? And do you have any pix.

they ripped me off.

it's my understanding that unless you are toyfair magazine or want to pay hundreds of dollars extra, you'll never get what you pay for.

captain sack said:
the sculpting was done by joy snyder of joy and tom studios. it's my understanding they operate separate from andgor and should not be held responsible for the crimes sam gordich commits.

https://www.scifispace.com/joy&tomstudios/

Being as the Captain seemed to know as well, I will reitterate his statement. They [Joy & Tom] should not be thought of as being associated with Andgor more than in a commissioned fashion. They are highly reputable and apparently their high work ethic did not rub off on Gordich. Too bad they aren't selling some of those sculpts though....Wonka, Archer, Mace..... :monkey2
it's my understanding that unless you are toyfair magazine or want to pay hundreds of dollars extra, you'll never get what you pay for.
That does appear to have been the truth, sadly.

Back